Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Zoomforth is a web design software. So we need to constantly demonstrate best practices, build new templates, and show our customers how they can use our software to create beautiful digital experiences.
Moreover, we often support our customers when they need help, either because they don’t have designers on staff, or because they’re looking for our expertise on a high-priority or high-visibility project. Much like Squarespace Specialists or Certified WordPress Developers, at Zoomforth we need our own group of expert designers who can support our customers’ needs (as well as our own internal needs, from time to time) and make our product shine.
This role would involve working with the Customer Success and Design teams, as well as our customers. In many cases, you’d be leading a team of designers, exercising your creativity, setting best practices for our work, and making our customer design process more effective.
- Your primary function will be to design sites for our most important customers. Sometimes you’ll be working with a client to scope the project, and then pass off to other designers to implement. Sometimes you’ll execute the wireframes and mockups yourself. You’ll need to determine, based on the characteristics of the project and the resources in the organization, what’s best for the client and for Zoomforth, and execute on that.
- Our customers are primarily Fortune 500 enterprises, and the majority of their design requests come in the following use cases:
- Proposal microsites for large enterprise sales
- Internal learning hubs and leadership communications
- Event pages
Critically, your role is not simply to take content and make a pretty website for our customers in our software. Rather, you work with customers to understand who they are communicating with, and what outcomes they’re looking to drive. You evaluate the efficacy of content, explore various methods of laying out content to drive specific actions, implement best options, and communicate your thinking clearly.
- Stellar UX, information architecture, and visual design chops: you make the internet pretty. You know how to not only craft beautiful web design, but you also understand how and why to architect information so it resonates with viewers, and inspires action.
- Ability to turn thoughtful questions into clear plans and instructions. You’ll need to scope projects with clients and brief participating designers on how to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
- Design process & systems thinking: We need someone who understands the design process from end-to-end, the different stakeholders involved, and how to communicate and shepherd projects through the various steps.
- Knowledge of web usability: Accessibility standards, optimizing layouts and call-to-actions, legibility, information hierarchy.
- A portfolio you can share that exhibits real work examples of style guides, UI design, landing pages, and/or brand work.
- Strong team and client relationship skills: you’ll be working with communicative and engaged colleagues, as well as customers who are placing their confidence in Zoomforth.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working in a startup, and also working with larger clients
- Experience working with a SaaS product, or similar web design software
Salary & Perks
COMPENSATION & LOGISTICS
- $25-60/hr base
- Remote working – work from wherever you like
- Flexible hours – work whatever hours suit you best
Screening & Interview Process
1) PORTFOLIO REVIEW
First, we will review your portfolio
2) INTRO PHONE CALL (15-20 mins)
We will then do a ~ 20 minute phone screen to get the basics. We want to know what you’re looking for in your work, and some high level info about your skill set and previous experiences. We also want to share more about who we are and why we’re looking for this role. The goal is to ensure that we’re on the same page and that we meet the basic needs of the other party. We’re pretty committed to transparency, so if something doesn’t align, we’ll be upfront with you.
3) PAID DESIGN EXERCISE (3-4 hours)
If we have urgent client work, we’ll simply get you going on it. The best way to explore whether we work well together is to test that out in a real scenario.
If there aren’t urgent client design tasks, we’ll provide a design task that we have internally, or an exercise. This is a 3-4 hour practical exercise that will allow you to showcase your design skills. It will also help us understand how you work and where you might need the most support to get up to speed with our software.
4) DESIGN REVIEW AND OFFER
After you’ve completed the work, we’ll do a 30 minute review, and give you the chance to ask questions, provide feedback, and reflect on the experience. We’ll then determine if it’s worth continuing the relationship, along with the terms.
How to Apply
Email your portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “Web & UX Designer”
Source: Best Remote Job
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99