Headquarters: Swansea, United Kingdom
Content is one of our main pillars of growth at Veeqo. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Content Editor is a pivotal role in our team, responsible for creating world-class content that ranks in search engines and converts website visitors into leads.
The successful candidate will be an excellent writer with journalistic capabilities and strong communication skills. They will be able to show a passion for ecommerce and technology, and be comfortable creating high-quality, well-written copy to tight deadlines.
They will be highly creative, friendly, collaborative and hungry to develop their career in a fast-paced, busy environment.
Writing new content for the Veeqo blog – Covering a broad range of topics from ecommerce growth, retail marketing strategies through to operational best practices.
Content outreach – promoting new and old Veeqo content by driving backlinks from 3rd party websites. Writing guest posts for other ecommerce sites and linking back to Veeqo. Sharing content across a network of other sites (GrowthHackers etc) and on social media.
Email marketing – Curating and sending our weekly newsletter, sharing our latest blog, webinar and product information.
Writing new case study content – Speaking to our existing users and sharing their experience of using the Veeqo platform.
Tone of Voice – Becoming the “voice” of the Veeqo brand, and developing the tone and copy style we use to communicate our core proposition and values.
PR – Writing press releases and engaging with strategic PR partners from across the ecommerce industry.
The successful candidate in the role of Content Editor will posses the following attributes:
- You have impeccable copywriting skills, with an excellent grasp of written English language and a high attention to detail.
- You are an excellent communicator, skilled in taking complex information and communicating it in a easily-understandable way to a broad audience
- You “get” SEO. We’re not looking for an SEO specialist for this role, but you should have a good understanding of SEO best practices, and be comfortable writing for targeted keywords in a way that your final content ranks well in Google search.
- You have strong research skills. Being given a topic that you know little about, becoming an expert in that topic and producing brand new content around that topic is something that massively excites you
- Your friends describe you as independent and reliable
- You thrive in a versatile and dynamic team environment
- You possess a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and Photoshop
Veeqo is the inventory and shipping platform for ecommerce. Retailers all over the world – including Brompton, BrewDog, Castore and The Harry Potter Store – use Veeqo to help deliver the experience their customers deserve.
Veeqo is growing at an astonishing rate and expanding globally. Joining our team is a unique opportunity to get involved in a world class start up that is redefining the way ecommerce retailers run their business.
- Be part of a fast growth start-up and make a difference
- Learn more in a few years at Veeqo than you will in any other job
- Work from anywhere in the world (as long as there is a good amount of crossover with UK working hours)
- Work in a friendly, cross-functional team, with people who aim to be the best and love to tackle problems
- Spotify Premium account and share options for every employee
Source: We Work Remotely