Headquarter: Austin, Texas, United States
Vault, the only conflict-free student loan benefits platform, is hiring the development team’s Tech Lead. We’re passionate about solving the student loan crisis by creating software that allows employers to help employees pay down student loans. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, but we’re a remote-friendly office and you can work anywhere!
We’re looking for a talented, driven developer to lead a development team in launching new products and supporting three existing products. You’ll be responsible for keeping the team on-track and working toward a unified product vision, on-time deliveries, successful upgrades, and a well-groomed backlog. Please note that the ideal candidate’s initial focus will be to write, edit and improve the code and infrastructure for Vault’s platform — this is a roll-your-sleeves-up-and-code-alongside-your-teammates role with significant visibility and the possibility of growing into a VP of Product or Engineering role after success at the Tech Lead level.
The ideal candidate will have 5-10+ years of full stack software and engineering experience and a history of managing junior developers and working with product teams. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to collaborate across areas such as architecture, product and operations to ensure that Vault products meet high quality standards. We find that smart, driven, and dedicated people who like working on socially-impactful products are a great fit for our culture.
You’re also an especially good fit for this role if you:
- Have a BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Write high-quality code that is scalable and testable
- Can code/document APIs
- Have architected and built mobile-first, secure applications
- Have participated in the full software development life-cycle, including the code and architecture reviews process.
- Have collaborated iteratively with a Product team to help clarify requirements and scope
- Have helped establish development best practices and guidelines
- 5-10+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails and Postgresql (Preferred) or Similar
- 2+ years of experience working with JS Frameworks (React / Ember / Vue) or Similar
- 2+ years of Agile or Scrum experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts effectively.
- Prior experience working with full-stack applications
- Not afraid to tackle front-end tasks
- Security and ISO knowledge
- Prior experience working in financial service/fintech
- Experience with AWS, github, circle.ci or similar tools/services
- Passion for finance and knowledge of the student loan space
We’re a close-knit team and constantly revamping our benefits to assure we all love coming to work. For starters, we offer:
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Student loan benefits (surprise!)
- Flexible hours
- Taco Tuesdays
- Happy Hours + virtual events
Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Vault is a student loan benefits software platform, providing employers with tools to help employees pay down their student loans. Vault is uncompromising in our commitment to provide conflict-free guidance and tools for both employers and employees. We work with companies of all sizes, from New York Life and Ralph Lauren to Mastercard and Pinterest, to build stronger, mutually-beneficial relationships that measurably improve talent acquisition and employee retention. For more information, visit vault.co or follow us at @vaultbenefit.
Source: Best Remote Job, Vault.co
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99