Headquarter: San Francisco, California, United States
Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, phishing attacks run rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data, companies have been powerless to protect themselves.
Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and count some of the world’s biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
As an Engineering Manager at Valimail you will lead software engineers in the development and delivery of the world’s first zero-trust solution for phishing defense.
As part of the Valimail Engineering Leadership team, you will be a major contributor to the company’s success. You’ll share in the design, development, and deployment of the Valimail solutions. Your contributions will help protect numerous brands, authenticate hundreds of millions of emails every day, and protect people all over the world from fraud.
If you are drawn to improve the messaging environment and make a difference in the lives of half the world’s population, we’d love to talk to you.
What You’ll be Doing
- 65% Project Management & Software Development Management
- 35% Personnel Management & Team Development
- You will inspire, motivate and lead a team of software engineers to ensure efficient delivery of high quality products and features in an Agile environment.
- As a people manager, you will mentor, grow, and coach your engineers through daily interactions and support.
- Promote a delivery focused environment and lead tangible, measurable improvements to our development and deployment cycles.
- Actively work with Software Architects and Product Managers to ensure that Valimail’s best practices are being followed and enhanced.
- Be part of building a high-performance organization, including strategic planning, recruiting & interviewing candidates, and cultivating both local and remote world-class engineers.
- Proactively identify areas of risk in project deliverables / architecture, and develop plans to mitigate those risks.
- Support Agile Scrum based project planning, collaboration, and prioritization of resources.
- Pragmatically work with peers to balance needs, support issues, technical architecture needs, and new feature development.
- Own sprint goals and deliverables for key products and features — building discipline around tracking progress and iterating to improve product and team performance.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Scrum Master to maintain technical roadmaps.
- Evaluate and prioritize team tasks and activities, delivering business / customer value.
- You effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Proven practical application of Agile software development methodologies.
- Proven track record of Project Managing multiple complex projects.
- Committed to drive projects to on-time delivery, based on solid time estimation.
- Ability to focus on outcomes and commitments.
- Strategically hired both local and remote candidates.
- Recruited for specific team needs.
- Managed teams of local and remote Development Engineers.
- Experience building and leading local and remote teams.
- Developed individuals to be stronger team members.
- Experience driving development with a focus on standards and on-time delivery.
- Critical thinker that is able to drive decisions with quality and velocity.
- You are committed to the use of and development of best practices
- More than 5 years experience as a Ruby on Rails Engineer, Project Manager, People Management on a SaaS based product ideally within a startup environment.
- Exceptional self-motivation and proactive leadership style.
- Experience building and leading remote teams with a focus on development and delivery.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Have a passion to make a difference.
Valimail is HQ’d in San Francisco, CA & Denver, CO. We would prefer candidates local to either location but are open to remote as well.
Source: Best Remote Job, Valimail
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99