Headquarters: Austin, Texas, United States
Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and work with a team of friendly, creative people? Upland Software offers a collaborative work environment full of smart, positive, and passionate people who are respected for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. As a member of this close-knit team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers while having fun along the way. If these things are important to you and you’re driven by delighting customers, we want to talk with you!
We are currently seeking an experienced contract Technical Writer to join the Upland Localytics team through Sept 31st. This Technical Writer will be responsible for the migration of client-facing technical documentation to MadCap Flare and producing a new online help center. Our ideal candidate is a tech savvy, highly motivated professional who has a minimum of 3 years of technical writing experience and the ability to build relationships and work effectively at all levels of an organization. We have a very open and friendly environment where everyone can contribute their ideas, help improve existing processes, and accelerate their careers.
- Migrate existing documentation to a MadCap Flare project.
- Write, edit, and manage online help content.
- Work closely with Product Management, Development, and other SMEs to verify content accuracy and gather information on new features and updates.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the documentation migration project for internal stakeholders.
- Work with the Upland Documentation Manager to ensure documentation meets Upland documentation standards.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in writing software-based product documentation
- Understanding and knowledge of Madcap Flare, or other single-source authoring systems
- Working knowledge of CSS, HTML and XML
- Familiarity with Microsoft Manual of Style and technical writing standards
- 4-year degree, BA or BS Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience preferably with a credentials in writing (Communications, English, Media etc.)
- Strong command of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Experience translating complex technical concepts into easy to understand, accurate, and concise user documentation.
- Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies and the initiative to self-teach
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team
- Excellent flexibility and change management skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Git & Bitbucket
- Jira / Confluence
Upland Software (Nasdaq: UPLD) is a leader in cloud-based enterprise work management software. Upland provides seven enterprise cloud solution suites that enable more than one million users at over 9,000 accounts to win and engage customers, automate business operations, manage projects and IT costs, and share knowledge throughout the enterprise. All of Upland’s solutions are backed by a 100 percent customer success commitment and the UplandOne platform, which puts customers at the center of everything we do. To learn more, visit uplandsoftware.com.
Upland Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Source: Best Remote Job, Upland