Company: Brightflow AI
Headquarters: Berkeley, California, United States
Note: We are fully remote. Applicants must be willing to work within 4 hours of the Pacific time zone.
Brightflow AI is making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of exceptional engineers to join us as we climb to the next level.
- We use TypeScript for just about everything and automate our testing with Jest.
- Frontend: React/Redux, styled-components.
- Backend: Node.js, Koa, PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Platform: Heroku, AWS, Ansible, Terraform.
- Tools and Processes: Git(Hub), Agile/SCRUM.
About the Role
You’ll be part of a small but growing team of engineers and take ownership of your work at every stage of the development lifecycle from concept through delivery. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Engage with customers to solve the challenging and at times ambiguous problems they face in managing their business’s cash flow.
- Take a measured approach in balancing the tradeoffs between development cost and quality while delivering a product our users will love.
- Integrate with a growing number of e-commerce and financial apps, services, and APIs.
- Implement new features, forecasting algorithms, and data visualizations to solve the varying needs of our users.
- Work closely with everyone in the company including the founders, designers, and product manager.
Why you’ll love working here
First off, a great team: trust and psychological safety are high – you can expect to be challenged and given a place to do great work.
The team is experienced and knowledgeable: Our Head of Engineering has deep experience (started at age 12) including crypto mining (where she was CTO) and payments, has given tech talks – you’ll learn a lot as you are shoulder-to-shoulder with her.
CTO & CPO is always thinking about delivering value to our customers (even while writing code), has many years of startups and running his own businesses.
Our Head of Product is a finance expert and cares deeply about the product and enabling our customers to have great outcomes (and he also has coded for his own startup previous). Our CEO is experienced and knowledgeable, from time at big banks to PE firms, and previously was CEO at a yc-backed startup (now chairman of the board).
We’re looking for awesome team member #5, come join us in building.
What We’re Looking For
- Expertise as a software engineer who’s capable of taking on large, complex projects and reducing them into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Experience with TypeScript or other typed programming languages.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Strong experience integrating with third-party APIs.
- High level of interest or experience with finance, algorithms, and/or data mining.
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally.
An especially strong candidate may also have one or more of the following:
- Portfolio of past work and/or open-source contributions.
- Familiarity with Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
- Familiarity with finance, accounting, statistics, or other mathematics disciplines.
- Experience working in startups.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Equity stake in the company.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- Challenging career opportunities that come with the high growth and fast-paced environment of early-stage startups.
- A high degree of ownership and autonomy in a dynamic environment.
- A culture that fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
- Remote team events (happy hours and video gaming sessions to name a couple of our favorites) and retreats at socially responsible distances.
About Our Team
We’ve learned from firsthand experience that the most effective teams are composed of highly diverse individuals from all walks of life. It’s in those pivotal moments when a situation is dire that we’ve been consistently surprised by the ingenuity and unexpected skills our teammates bring to the table. At Brightflow, we all play a key role and encourage crossover into all areas of the business that interest you. This is a set of values that lies at our very core as individuals and if you share the same desire for a warm, welcoming environment surrounded by awesome, talented people we encourage you to apply! We’re constantly learning and doing what we can to support and assist each other in growing both personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Managing a company’s finances is hard. A company can go from selling $4 million dollars of makeup online to $9 million dollars in a single year. It’s going great, but there is a problem: it seems like the company’s cash may be running out.
We are helping people with simple solutions that impact their understanding and enable actions. It’s the 3-30 person companies who have a great product but don’t have a whole finance team. They’re growing and want to stay focused on delighting their customers.
We help them do that by providing insights into their business in ways they can quickly understand. Join us to build the tools that make it happen.
We’ve experienced the pain of getting good financial data easily – that drove creating Brightflow. We’ve raised money to build the product and already have our first two customers that provide us with valuable insights.
We have backgrounds that include several previous VC-backed startups (founding, running, being first engineers at), private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. We have a mix of countries we’ve lived and worked in, languages spoken, and cultures we’ve experienced.
We’re growth-minded learners, inspired to understand our customers and pragmatically deliver solutions that solve real problems.
Read more about our values and the culture of the company we’re building at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values
Source: Best Remote Job
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99