Headquarters: Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland
Leadfeeder is a fast-growing international SaaS startup, headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. We are an international remote team of 80+ members from around the world.
We’ve developed an online service which automates sales lead generation for B2B companies. Leadfeeder helps over 3000 paying customers to identify who visits their website, qualify the leads based on their behaviour, and convert the most promising visitors into sales leads.
Our 30+ strong in-house, all-remote engineering team is responsible for developing new features, and otherwise improving and maintaining the Leadfeeder product.
We are organised in feature-oriented, cross-functional squads. Each squad is responsible for specific features of the product, and works tightly together with high autonomy. Depending on the product area, squads are comprised of Backend and Frontend Engineers, Designers, and are always paired with a Product Manager. We believe in listening to everyone’s ideas and feedback – no matter what your role is, you get to have a say in the product and technical decisions of your squad.
Ruby on Rails developers at Leadfeeder work mainly on our backends: building APIs, background data processing flows, and integrations. Being a very data-intensive application, much of the work on the Leadfeeder backend involves optimising and effectively using various databases – Cassandra, AWS RDS & Aurora, Elasticsearch and Redis, to name a few.
Our backend, we run multiple small-to-medium-sized Ruby on Rails apps and use serverless components (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis) on the side. We pride ourselves on keeping apps working smoothly, and the codebase tidy and well-tested. We dedicate time for upgrades, refactoring and improvements in the developer experience.
For people with skills and interest, we offer possibilities to work on our Ember.js frontend too, enabling people to grow to a fullstack role. Equally, there are opportunities to learn and be involved in infrastructure, DevOps and serverless development.
- Developing new features together with your squad
- Build internal and public APIs
- Build, benchmark and optimise our core backend components
- Helping operate our production environments on AWS
- Providing code reviews to your peers
- Essentials skills and expertise:
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Confidence in writing maintainable, well-tested Ruby on Rails apps
- Capability to work remotely
- We expect minimum four hours of overlap with central European working hours.
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Skills and the right mentality for test automation
- Experience working with various APIs
- DevOps, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Serverless computing, AWS stack in particular
- Web Analytics
- Get to work in a talented, remote-first international team
- Chance to make an impact on a global product
- Actual work-life balance with healthy 40-hour work weeks
- Flexible work time
- Biannual company retreats
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and encouraging work environment
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Leadfeeder