Headquarters: Lehi, Utah, United States
Kuali is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Student product team. You will develop automated solutions for operational tasks such as monitoring, performance, and capacity planning. You will work closely with our development/product teams to architect continuous delivery and infrastructure automation.
Who are we?
Kuali provides SaaS solutions to higher education institutions throughout North America. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values:
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
As Kuali engineers, we learn from and teach each other, we practice transparency and empathy, and we delight in delivering value to our customers.
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where they’re happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
Kuali has been voted a top place to work for 3 years in a row by the Salt Lake Tribune. We also made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2020. Not too shabby.
- Creating and managing infrastructure that is secure, scalable and highly available on AWS
- Utilize automation tools to manage infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Github)
- Knowledge of microservice/monolithic architectures
- Using containerized systems to run environments (Kubernetes, ECS, ElasticBeanstalk, Docker)
- The ability to use application performance monitoring to be strategic to the team (newrelic, loggly, datadog)
- Working in production SaaS applications and resolving issues that arise
- Developing and maintaining documentation on infrastructure, systems, and disaster recovery methodology.
- Working with Development teams to Implement DevOps principles and methodology and implement CI/CD
- Occasional participation in an On-call rotation to ensure applications are reliable and available
- Working with application pipelines for deployments and testing environments
- Maintain and manage multiple environments for SaaS applications
- You have uncommon discipline and attention to detail
- You’re inspired to achieve results, and your enthusiasm is contagious
- You’re a great communicator
- You love being helpful and supportive and thrive on the successes of the team
- You’re a master with “office” applications
- You have amazing organizational skills
- You’re a planner, and you also know how to manage a high and unpredictable volume of requests for help
The experience and technical requirements you need
- You’re an advocate for the performance and availability of whatever service you’re working on
- You excel while working independently, but are happy to pair with engineers
- You’ve spent 5 or more years supporting professional web applications
- You know all about AWS, EC2, S3, and whatever other TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) Amazon can cook up
- You know all about containers and are interested in the local development story as well as the deployment
- You know how to get around and maintain a Kubernetes cluster
- You measure and monitor performance (e.g. New Relic or Datadog) and jump on issues before they become problems for our customers
- You consider technical debt an affront
- You’ve been on-call before and it’s no big thing
If you have some of these, too, we’ll be delighted
- You’ve helped establish Continuous Deployment before
- You’ve written and are comfortable with Terraform
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Employee profit sharing
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during quarterly “hack weeks”
- Employee resource groups and community events
Source: Remotey, Kuali
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99