Company: Alt & Dot
Headquarters: New York, United States
We’re looking for experienced Front End Developers with Shopify expertise to join our global remote team. If you’re interested in creating real value for merchants while working from anywhere in the world, then read on!
- You value quality. You take pride in writing code that is concise, readable, and performant. You have an eye for great design. You’re always looking for opportunities to grow and improve.
- You’re focused on results. You can see the bigger picture and how your work fits into it. You get excited to transform ideas into pragmatic code. You’re comfortable asking the difficult questions.
- You love empowering others. You’re an excellent and patient communicator. You enjoy putting your expertise to use to help teammates and clients. You’re passionate about documenting your knowledge and work.
About Alt & Dot
Founded in NYC by a Canadian developer and a Californian designer, we’re a remote-first agency crafting Shopify solutions for high-growth ecommerce merchants. We pride ourselves on partnering with clients to deliver solutions that solve real problems and create tangible value.
We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, religion, nationality, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe that when we work together, we will build amazing things!
About The Role
This is a contract-to-hire position, hours are flexible.
Things you’ll do:
- Build custom Shopify themes from the ground up
- Implement new features or improve UI/UX on existing Shopify themes
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams
- Support the planning and scoping of new features and projects
- Provide input on a range of topics, from accessibility to performance
- Contribute to internal documentation and shared code libraries
Things we’ll do for you:
- Offer flexible working hours
- Equip you with the tools needed to excel in your role
- Encourage continuous learning through a curiosity stipend
- Sponsor conferences and events
- Host remote team building events (and future in-person retreats)
You’ll succeed with…
- Native-level English fluency
- 2+ years experience in Shopify web development
- Experience with version control and modern build technologies
- Expertise in authoring responsive, cross-browser compatible code
- Ability to self-manage
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Other skills we’re interested in…
We would be interested in hearing from Front End Developers with experience in any of the following areas:
- Experience authoring Shopify themes from scratch
- Familiarity with WCAG and accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with performance testing and optimization
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, GTM
- Familiarity with CRO and related tools such as Google Optimize
- Experience with Shopify API and SDKs
Our offers include competitive renumeration, flexible hours, and curiosity and wellness stipends.
Source: Best Remote Job, Alt & Dot
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99