Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
This position is remote and is open to applicants virtually anywhere in the world!
Fauna is the data API for client-serverless applications. A web-native GraphQL interface with support for custom business logic and integration with the serverless ecosystem enables developers to simplify code and ship faster. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute fabric is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets you experience freedom from database operations at any scale. At Fauna, we’re disrupting a $40B industry, and we’re just getting started.
In this role, we’re looking for a developer-focused content marketer who is passionate about accelerating developer mindshare based on business priorities. Through thematic content (in forms such as blogs, podcasts, videos, and papers, etc.) across topics such as thought leadership, community education and developer evangelism you will engage the community to showcase the power and flexibility of FaunaDB in building applications better and faster. You will drive existing programs (e.g. the very popular “Write with Fauna” program), as well as formulate new efforts as necessary. Alongside, you will contribute to the technical content development in a hands-on capacity.
You will be the expert at content procurement, content targeting, and placement. You will understand the operational mechanics for different channels, build relationships with key distributors and influencers, and use content to fuel the momentum behind FaunaDB, with a focus on metrics and ROI.
To accomplish your goals, you will work closely with the Community, Engineer and Product teams to discover and nurture new avenues for developer engagement. You will be creative, in your approach, and develop expertise in targeting the right content to the right channel. You will, at times be the first point of contact with Fauna for developers at conferences, meet-ups and elsewhere in the community – both on and offline – and you will help build our point of view in the market. Come help bring awareness for FaunaDB across the serverless, jamstack and modern web communities!
What You Will Do:
- Develop the content strategy (themes, topics, channels, and calendar) and programs to grow developer mindshare based on business priorities.
- Manage existing programs, such as the Write with Fauna program, across ideation, sourcing, review/edit content, and establish content placement strategy across our media and PR channels.
- Drive thought leadership pieces for external publications on topics not limited to Jamstack, Serverless, GraphQL and modern application development.
- Build developer-centric content for our blogs to promote the adoption of FaunaDB in your area of technical expertise.
- Contribute copy and content to newsletters, email campaigns, website, banner ads and other Fauna marketing material.
- Analyze effectiveness of content strategy via metrics and reports, and continually iterate.
What You Will Bring:
- Passion for building mindshare via content, willingness to experiment, and a metrics-driven approach to execution.
- 4+ years as a developer marketing/ developer relations advocate for modern development platforms or equivalent experience in technical marketing, solutions engineering or product marketing.
- Meticulous project management, and ability coordinate across teams. with an eye for details, schedules, and budgets.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with a command of grammar, and constructs for technical writing.
- Creativity, opinions, curiosity, wit, humor, and a sense of collaboration in your content creation process.
- Exposure to copywriting, social marketing, podcasting, audio-video production and live streaming.
- Bonus points for demonstrated engagement on Twitter, Twitch, Dev.to and other developer-centric channels
- Bonus points for public speaking experience and desire to present in small and large groups, meetups and conferences
Backed by premier venture investors Madrona Venture Group, ADDITION, GV, and CRV, Fauna is a well-funded startup, with a 100% remote organization. We’re led by an experienced leadership team hailing from Microsoft, Okta, Twitter, Elastic, Juniper and Oracle. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually disrupt our market. To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.
Source: Best Remote Job
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99