Headquarters: Florida, United States
About the company/Mission statement:
Fractl is a creative digital agency with an international tribe of digital marketers spanning from the U.S. to the U.K. and South America. Our clients, which range from startups and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies, rely on our expertise to drive their growth. We nurture a diverse team of strategists, developers, designers, animators, journalists, search experts, and PR professionals to achieve results and improve the bottom line of businesses while making them look good. For more information, please visit frac.tl.
About the position:
Looking for a freelance editor to assist with reviewing SEO articles for numerous clients. Topics include work management, home improvement, hiring, and business formation but may expand as the department grows.
The position is remote and contracted. If selected to be part of our editing team, you will be expected to review or contribute to around 25 pieces of 1,000-3,000 words each per week. The content we are producing must encompass the client’s tone and goals in a clear and concise manner.
Experience or knowledge on SEO and/or SEO writing concepts is not required but will help set you apart from other applicants.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledgeable in different styles, such as AP and Chicago (AP is preferable)
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Must have a flexible schedule (to accommodate fluctuating workloads each week)
- Make technical edits (grammar, syntax, punctuation, etc.)
- Ensure formatting aligns with client outlines (headers, font, text size, color, etc.)
- Review content (fact-checking, source linking, internal client links, appropriate tone, follows client style guides, includes outline points)
- Run content through Grammarly (plagiarism check)
- Provide writer feedback (if an article is kicked back to the writer, how can they improve?)
- Handle revisions and client edits as needed
- Provide role coverage as needed
How to apply:
- Submit your resume and include any pertinent editing or SEO experience
- Edit a writing sample while following standard editing practices. Please be mindful of technical errors, linking, facts, and overall flow. Make any changes you deem necessary (in suggestion mode). You may also link to additional sources if you believe they provide clarification or confirm something.
- Submit a copy of the Google Doc containing the editing sample for review
Remote applicants only
Fractl Is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Fractl provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fractl complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Fractl expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fractl’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Source: Best Remote Job, Fractl
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99