Company: Metabolic Living
Headquarters: Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
We’re looking for a true digital marketing geek who loves to nerd out on ops details to join our rapidly growing digital marketing team that spends nearly $20 million annually on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. We’re building a world-class in-house, performance marketing team and this role will 100% own creating and running a robust internal support infrastructure. We’re 100% remote, always have been, and who doesn’t want that right now?
Hello, I’m Mike Weaver, Head of Customer Acquisition of Metabolic Living and I need your help. We’ve insourced much of our paid media buying efforts over the last year. And running paid media in-house requires strong project management, asset organization and dependable workflows, so this new role will be a key cog in building our machine as we execute on our next ambitious growth leg.
Our mission at Metabolic Living is to make our metabolism-first lifestyle the worldwide standard for healthy living. Even without the current pandemic, people struggle with their health, confused by so many competing options that don’t get results. So, we’ve developed a simple process anybody can follow to optimize their metabolism to deliver the energy their body needs to thrive.
In spite of the crisis the world is in, we’re thriving, and in fact growing, because of the products and services we sell. Our goal is to build a $1 billion dollar consumer brand by 2023 and the performance marketing team will play an enormously important role in achieving that.
We currently spend more than $1.5MM per month on performance-oriented campaigns across hundreds of different campaigns, thousands of individual ads, and more than 7 different platforms. The vast majority of this is executed internally via our internal team. This is only going to continue to grow and become even more complex, which is the opportunity we have today.
The ideal candidate is an analytically driven ad ops professional. Our success is driven by methodical testing, data led results, and extreme attention to detail. Our approach provides a strategic advantage that allows us to complete on a different level than our customers and leads us down some very rewarding paths. And it’s a HUGE plus if you’re passionate about health and wellness 🙂
Yes, we know we’re asking for someone unique, but we’re putting this out there anyway to find the right candidate. If you’re interested, you’ll find the full story of our company below – we’re only interested in talking to people who are inspired by this and want to be a part of this amazing journey we’re on.
If you’re a seasoned Ad Ops professional who thrives in a fast-moving environment and…
- You LOVE to analyze data to glean insights that can drive future performance…
- You LOVE learning the latest about media buying platforms and new strategies…
- You LOVE all aspects of digital paid media including creative, audiences, pixels, etc.
- You LOVE to create order out of chaos and organize things meticulously…
- You LOVE to think, solve complex problems and get a rush when you discover new insights…
Then please read on as you’re the ideal candidate… and we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
To summarize the key points:
- Salary: $50,000 – $75,000
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 100+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (preferably Eastern time but flexible for right candidate)
- Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks) that Creates Space for Deep Work
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who is This Opportunity Perfect for?
This is the perfect opportunity for a digital paid media marketing professional who loves to roll up their sleeves, get stuff done, and might relate to any of these:
If you’re drowning in the corporate or agency world, suffocating from lack of clarity, micromanaging bosses, endless meetings, constant interruptions and no respect for the quiet time you need to actually get work done, this is your opportunity to simplify and go deep – to pour your heart and soul into ONE big opportunity… and scale it like never before.
Or, if you’ve tried the freelance thing, but found it challenging or simply not fun doing the sales and marketing piece to land new clients so you could provide yourself or your family with a steady income, this is your opportunity find a long-term home with an organization who cares and who will constantly put fun, meaningful and challenging projects on your plate to keep things exciting and interesting.
Or, if you’ve been at a fast-growing start-up, but they haven’t turned the corner and learned how to grow without the stress, how to deliver results without working past 5 p.m., how to not burn the candle at both ends, how to create a profitable business model that doesn’t depend on the whims of VC or PE world to provide the next round of funding… this is your opportunity to take back control, live life under your own terms and design a lifestyle that brings you joy, happiness and satisfaction.
Regardless of your situation, whether you prefer to work in the quiet of your own home, sipping a delicious cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, or outside enjoying the sunshine on a bright, beautiful day… AND you are a humble, high-performing individual who would THRIVE in this type of environment, then please read on, as we can’t wait to meet you.
Who Are We and What’s the Company’s Background?
Metabolic Living’s mission is to empower people to thrive EVERY day so they can enjoy life to the fullest. And our vision is to do this by making our metabolism-first lifestyle become the worldwide standard for healthy living. It’s a flexible, fun lifestyle that’s 100% focused on delivering the results that matter: feeling your best, looking your best and performing your best. In the shortest time possible.
It puts YOU back in control. It helps YOU understand how your body and metabolism works. It empowers YOU to fix your own problems. And because it alleviates the frustration and confusion so many of us experience when trying to fix our health, it makes you want to tell the world about it.
Our goal is to grow into a billion-dollar multi-channel brand that’s distributed via online, mobile and physical retail. For 10 years, we’ve been painstakingly building the products, services, framework, team and culture to make this happen. We have a robust, mature, complete and profitable business model with scalable customer acquisition. And now we’re pushing into a massive new growth phase.
We’ve built a full ecosystem of products that allow someone to live a metabolism-first lifestyle. This includes exercise and nutrition programs, nutraceuticals, functional foods, memberships and coaching programs. We’re launching our mobile app later this year, then will push into offline retail, extend into home-delivered meals and more. But ONE thing at a time, just like we’ve done for 9 years.
Our next major step is rolling out our new Metabolic Living brand and centralized e-commerce website at www.metabolicliving.com, scheduled to be live in first half of 2020. We will consolidate into this centralized website our various product-branded microsites.
So why is a metabolism-first lifestyle needed? Because there are record amounts of sick, overweight, tired and depressed people piling up around the world. We’re over-worked, over-stressed, over-fed and full of toxins. And we’re deprived of the sleep, nutrition, movement and relaxation we need to thrive.
Unfortunately, the typical solution of extreme dieting and exercise traps people into a 1-step-forward, 2-steps back vicious cycle that makes them worse off. They bounce from one latest flavor-of-the-month program to the next, never making progress… trapped in a downward spiral of increasing desperation.
And philosophies like Paleo or Vegan, while extremely healthy for some, create a rigid us-vs-them tribal mentality that’s self-limiting. Neither of those philosophies work for all people all the time… or even the same person all the time. People differ. Bodies change. If that’s not respected, things will backfire.
The answer? Instead of trying to FIND the perfect program, you need to CREATE their own – one that respects how YOUR body works. And that’s where our metabolism-first framework comes in.
It empowers you with a repeatable, customizable method to optimize your metabolism. Because we’ve found through working with millions of people that a fully optimized metabolism is what delivers the results everyone wants – feeling their best, looking their best and performing their best, EVERY day.
So, instead of fighting against your body and getting inconsistent results with a one-size fits all program or protocol, we teach you to work with your body to enjoy consistent results by building your OWN perfect customized program. One that’s practical, enjoyable and sustainable… and starts working fast.
What Are the On-going Responsibilities?
- Reporting – Partner with the team to develop required reports allowing us to understand the results and trends so we can pinpoint the signal in the noise and scale our successes
- Analysis – Dive DEEP into campaign results to extract insights that can help us design better performing campaigns while avoiding tactical mistakes that bring performance down
- Trafficking – Load new campaigns or ads into the various platforms in use for the team so we can speed the time between ideation and live testing of those ideas
- Project Management – provide ownership of the ongoing sets of projects between our internal creative team and our digital team, helping to set priorities and deliver results
- Optimize Workflows – Own establishing effective and efficient workflows to make our ad operations run smoothly and scale up as our spend more than doubles over the next year
- Test & Verify – Perform QA on all campaigns to ensure all settings are correct, links are working and verify other elements to ensure smooth campaign delivery
What Key Skills and Experience are Needed?
- 3+ Years Digital Paid Media Experience – with proven ability to analyze data, methodically execute campaigns and thrive in a performance-oriented environment
- Digital Tool Experience – Strong experience using the full portfolio of digital tools, whether Google Analytics, Facebook or Google ad interfaces, tag managers or other
- Unquenchable Curiosity – It’s difficult for you to stop asking why, why, why… or what if, what if, what if… you love to understand all of the details
- Data-Driven – Extremely comfortable flexing the analytical side of your brain with a passionate for pouring through reams of response data to detect patterns of success to replicate
- Detail-Oriented – You’ve got strong organizational skills and love to create order out of chaos with highly organized systems that deliver sustained success
- Excellent Communicator – Able to clearly and concisely articulate positions both in written format and orally in 1-on-1 or group situations that build cohesion and gain alignment
What You’ll Enjoy from Us:
- A Curated Team – A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
- A Nurturing Culture – A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
- A Fantastic Lifestyle – A 100% remote experience that allows you to work from home, enjoy your family, outside interests and passions
- A Robust Benefits Package — Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k + 15 days PTO and additional perks as we add them
Source: Best Remote Job