Remote and location independent between GMT-9 and GMT+3
Makrwatch engineers develop next-generation solutions that improve how brands discover, evaluate, and collaborate with YouTube creators. Our products handle massive amounts of information and process video, audio and text to discover insights and patterns that help brands understand their audience and how creators can interact better with them.
As a software engineer, you work with a small team and challenge yourself to solve complex projects that help our startup achieve results that traditionally required large teams. We need our engineers to be communicative, resourceful, fast learners, creative, and enthusiastic about using the latest technologies to create solutions that multiply our customers’ success.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects’ priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. The ideal candidate will have strong backend experience developing complex apis that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data, but can also dabble in frontend development if needed!
Makrwatch, launched less than 4 years ago, already has multiple media agencies and brands using it to improve their collaborations with YouTube creators. We believe video will grow exponentially over the coming years and content creators will continue to challenge mass media as we know it. Together we will help marketing evolve to become more transparent, sustainable, and focused on improving people’s lives.
- Write server-side code integrating third-party services (e.g. Google Cloud APIs, YouTube API, Auth0, Bitly), create robust high-volume production applications, and quickly develop prototypes.
- Analyze client data to find trends and exploitable areas to make campaigns extremely efficient.
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Understand our client’s business.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field, high end bootcamp experience, or equivalent practical experience.
- Backend development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group, and cross-culture collaboration.
- Interest in and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Versatility to work in different areas of the development process (Front end, back end, data analysis)
- Experience with Python 3.6+
- Knowledge of data science
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working remotely.
- Autonomy – We are a small, 13 person company, this means you’ll have a ton of responsibility from day 1!
- Complete location independence – Pick any place of work you want within the GMT-9 and GMT+3 time zones!
- Schedule flexibility – Night owl? Morning Lark? Work whenever you feel most productive!
- Remote office compensation – Trying to improve your remote life? We’ll give you a budget every month to facilitate it!
- 32 days of vacation per year – Decide when you take your vacation!
- Study Time – We know you won’t be an expert on everything you need to overcome every single challenge.
- Yearly retreat – Once a year, we fly everyone in order to plan the company’s strategy for the year. It is also an excellent opportunity for everyone to be together and get to know each other better.
- Tech Help – We provide different plans that assist you in acquiring all the necessary technology for the job!
At Makrwatch we learn from our differences, embrace them and are grateful for them, as they benefit our employees, our customers and our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Source: Best Remote Job, Makrwatch