Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
This position is remote based.
As the Open Source Program Manager, you will be responsible for fostering the adoption of GitLab in the Open Source space.
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships with current and potential partners in the context of leading Open Source projects and organizations.
- Enable large Open Source projects to move to GitLab. Set expectations, provide them support, training, advice and help them manage the migration process.
- Develop and execute the collaboration strategy for key projects, as well as co-marketing campaigns and communication plans.
- Act as a liaison between internal teams at GitLab and strategic partners to communicate the product roadmap, feature requests, and to help prioritize them.
- Run and further develop the GitLab Open Source Initiative to increase the overall number of Open Source projects that move to GitLab.
- You have 5-7 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source and technical in nature.
- Analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with developer tools, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies in general.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Relationships in prominent Open Source communities are a plus.
Key Performance Indicators
A Key Performance Indicator for this role is the number of Open Source projects and developers moving to GitLab per quarter.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will be asked to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Community Relations.
- Candidates will be asked to schedule a second 45 minute interview with a member of the Community Relations team.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third 45 minute interview with our CMO.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Source: Remote Global, GitLab