Headquarters: Seattle, Wahington, United States
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world’s best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud — rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
The Chef Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Technical Success, Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow.
This role requires a candidate with solid communications skills and a deep understanding of infrastructure, systems engineering, and coding/scripting. The individual will be expected to take and understand customer feedback, objectives and issues in order to help the customer resolve the root cause of their issues.
This position can be done from any location, but candidates in Mountain (MT) and Pacific (PST) time zones are preferable at this time.
- Engages and collaborates with other Chef employees and with Chef partners in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues in system design/execution as related to Chef products.
- Participates in daily ticket triage.
- Participates in the distribution of support tasks among the members of the System Engineering staff.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with the rest of the support team.
- Takes proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements based on key data points.
- Drives a great customer experience with each support incident, contributing to customer satisfaction and loyalty and amplifying the value of Chef products and services.
THIS PROCESS WILL REQUIRE:
- Investigating any apparent technical discrepancies/deficiencies within the Chef product line, often based upon verbal description and/or remote investigation, understanding the technical issues present.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting the problem remotely, which frequently will require re-creating a virtual version of the system environment used by the customer.
- Performing testing and analysis to evaluate the solution for the discrepancy/deficiency.
- Representing Chef in relevant customer communications.
- Responding to questions from customers on system automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery software, et al, including such software’s configuration, use, and functionality, and leading resolution of technical issues.
- 3+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows architectures.
- 2+ years experience with system and application services scripting and general programming languages (additional scripting or programming language exposure and experience a bonus).
- Previous experience working in technical support or in an administrative, consulting or development capacity on an enterprise client or server product.
- Passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate.A love for debugging complex technical issues at every level of a modern application stack.
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef preferable.
- Experience with version control (e.g. git) is preferableExperience with TCP/IP networking and web services is a plus.
- Experience in high availability design and troubleshooting (e.g. DRBD, keepalived) a plus.
- Strong written communications skills mandatory for this role. You will be tested on your ability to write cohesive, cognitive and concise customer communications during the interview. An ability to communicate effectively under pressure is absolutely mandatory.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish.
Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Source: Remote Global, Chef