Company: Keasler CPA, PLLC
Headquarters: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Through our Virtual Back Office platform, we work alongside our small business clients to efficiently manage their tax, accounting, payroll, and strategic planning needs.
Our team is technologically savvy, works remotely, and maintains their own work schedule. Our internal systems and processes allow us to clearly gauge progress, performance, and expectations, so adherence to traditional daily or weekly work schedule isn’t necessary.
The staff accountant will act as the manager of a group Virtual Back Office clients, and have responsibility for tax return preparation for a modest number of our traditional, or non-Virtual Back Office, clients during tax season. Our business growth is focused solely on our Virtual Back Office platform, and we have significantly reduced our overall traditional tax return preparation in recent years, which has resulted in an increasingly manageable tax seasons – working to have a manageable tax season and minimizing workload compression is a top priority for our firm.
Responsibilities for Remote/Flexible Accountant:
- Act as main point of contact and manager for 10-20 Virtual Back Office clients, including tasks such as:
- Maintaining accounting/bookkeeping in QBO
- Designing and optimizing client’s accounting workflows in QBO
- Assisting client with technology and QBO app selection
- Assistance with client’s administration of payroll system
- Preparation of sales and use tax returns
- Preparation of related corporate, partnership, and owners’ individual tax returns.
- Some clients engage us to handle AR, AP, and payroll administration (running their payroll for them)
- Development and maintenance of client dashboarding & key performance indicator system
- Assist partner in tax & business planning process.
- The Staff Accountant is truly overseeing the client’s entire tax, accounting, and payroll function.
- In addition to managing the Virtual Back Office clients, this position would be responsible for a set of traditional, non-Virtual Back Office 1040, 1120S, & 1065 tax return preparation clients, that occasionally need assistance with tax questions or other minor requests outside of tax season. These returns range from fairly simple to moderate complexity. We have actively culled our tax return-only clients, as our Virtual Back Office business has grown, and the remaining tax return-only clients are highly organized, have strong realization/fees, are well trained on our processes, only communicate electronically, & upload all tax documents to ShareFile.
Requirements & Preferred Experience & Qualifications
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience in a small regional or local accounting firm
- Preparation of simple to moderately complex individual returns, S-corp returns, and simple partnership returns
- Experience in small business accounting & bookkeeping
- Sales tax return preparation
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple clients
- Demonstrated experience of advising clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a remote team by comfortably using communication tools such as Slack and GoToMeeting to connect with other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & maintain your own schedule, while meeting firm and client expectations. We have weekly hour targets, but your schedule is created completely by you.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to see the big picture & how things interrelate within the clients’ accounting, as well as within their business overall.
- Dedicated, secure work space in your home large enough for a multiple monitor set-up.
Required software experience:
- Quickbooks, and specifically QBO
- Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- CPA or EA
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- eCommerce experience
- Real estate partnership experience
- Multi-state experience
Preferred software experience:
- Thomson Reuters Creative Solutions suite: UltraTax, Practice CS, FileCabinet CS
- Reach Reporting
- Work from anywhere
- Design and manage your own schedule – we have weekly hour expectations, but your schedule is created and managed completely by you
- Competitive compensation & potential for benefits
- Performance/production bonuses
- 401(k) with no waiting period for match, and potential profit sharing contribution
Send applications to email@example.com
Source: We Work Remotely