Company: Springboard Retail
Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Springboard Retail is the leading point of sale and retail management software, designed specifically to empower brands and retailers to harness their data and sell more profitably.
You are an experienced developer seeking to join a talented and diverse team that delivers best-in-class commerce software for omnichannel retailers and brands. You are excited by the challenge of rapidly delivering improvements to delight our customers and help their businesses thrive while at the same time maintaining the rock-solid stability required by a mission-critical system.
You will design, build and maintain our Ruby on Rails-based backend infrastructure. You will also partner closely with a range of colleagues including other developers, QA engineers, product managers, and decision makers across the company. You will actively mentor a team of developers through pairing and design sessions, serving as an example of best practices, and encouragement of team knowledge sharing.
Springboard Retail is a fully distributed team so this is a remote position. All of our processes are designed with a remote-first mindset.
- Backend software development
- Design and build maintainable, secure, and scalable software systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant technology ecosystems
- Actively participate in the decision-making process around the architecture and future direction of both the product and technical systems
- Serve as a mentor to junior developers
- Develop expertise in a specific product domain and coordinate a team to deliver on roadmap goals in this area
- Professional web developer with 5+ years hands-on experience
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Prior experience with point-of-sale (POS), e-commerce, payments or other retail software strongly preferred
- A passion for product development
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with an agile process and working as part of a distributed team
- Working knowledge of using a distributed version control system within a team environment (preferably Git)
Bonus experience: Computer Science (or related) degree, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Sinatra, React, TypeScript, iOS/Swift, Android, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Puppet, or other configuration management system, retail experience
- Opportunity to collaborate with and learn from a tightly integrated, best-in-class team
- Flexible work schedules
- Remote Engineering team designed to effectively collaborate regardless of time zone or location
- Remote Company that offers inclusive community programs and learning and development opportunities
- The potential for the contractor or full-time work
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Stack Overflow, Springboard Retail