Company: Lambda School
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Lambda School Studios sources contract opportunities for Lambda School alumni to help bridge the gap between their experience as a student and landing their first full-time job in the industry. Studios provides Product, Project, and Engineering Management to ensure that clients receive the highest quality products.
Lambda School Studios is scaling quickly. The role of Project Manager is fast paced and multi-faceted. The program’s goal is two-fold: deliver quality products to clients while giving graduates relevant industry experience. To be successful, you’ll need to be comfortable “wearing many hats” and managing complexity.
In addition to assisting leadership in managing tasks at the program level, you’ll be responsible for managing multiple client relationships, projects, and development teams. Both of these responsibilities include a broad array of tasks, like directing Section and Team Leads (student employees), documenting processes to ensure consistency across projects and teams, gathering and reporting data, and more. Due to the impact this position has on development teams and client products, candidates must have some experience with product management and software development.
- You’ll work alongside Leadership and Program Managers at both the strategic and tactical level. Examples of potential strategic tasks:
- Work closely with leadership to pinpoint strategic goals and initiatives.
- Decide the right way to approach scaling while still maintaining an engaging program and delivering quality products.
- Determine key metrics to which the program should align.
- Create processes to better mentor and help developers improve.
- Examples of potential tactical tasks:
- Sync daily with Section and Team Leads.
- Interface regularly with clients to understand product goals, deliverables, and timelines.
- Work with a team to ensure on-time product delivery.
- Lead a workshop to help teams better understand how to contribute in an agile work environment.
Finally, this role requires that you be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the program. There are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards. Your work will directly impact the user (graduate) experience, satisfaction, quality of completed software products, and go a long way to improving graduates’ livelihoods (getting a career in the industry)!
What You’ll Do
- Manage and oversee teams to create impressive and successful software products
- Attend check-in meetings with teams to give feedback and guidance regularly
- Monitor individual developer progress and success throughout the Studios experience
- Develop new processes with leadership to improve developer and client experience
- Document strategies and programs for leadership and fellow team members
- Train and supervise student Section Leads and Team Leads
- Instill relevant career readiness knowledge, skills, and attitudes into developers
- Accountable for product completion and quality
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a project management role in a software development environment, ideally with remote teams or teams with a large percentage of entry-level engineers
- Passionate about helping others succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and effective speaking in groups of teams
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big Plus, if you…
- Have Product Management experience
- Have worked in an engineering organization with 100+ engineers
- Have engineering and/or product experience
- Are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Source: Best Remote Job, Lambda School