PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer, Game Systems
Remote employment eligible.
We will consider staff to senior-staff level professional experience.
How would you like to influence the next generation of the most successful gaming platform of all time? Does it interest you to develop technology used by every single next generation PlayStation developer? We are offering a career opportunity combining both your passion and skills as a software engineer while also allowing you to work with state-of-the-art technology.
The Worldwide Studios Platform Architecture Group lives at the intersection of PlayStation’s game and platform development. We seek an engineer to develop CPU and IO-focused technologies for a wide range of games and internal systems. If this is you please apply!
- You will enhance our platform technologies and tools including but not limited to:
- Runtime I/O stack
- Compression and decompression technologies
- I/O and storage device simulation
- Liaise with highly motivated teams to effectively apply these innovative technologies
- Provide performance analysis and optimization of game titles and system software
- A min. of 5 years professional experience working with games, embedded systems or kernel development, including direct experience in one or more of:
- Game streaming systems
- Memory management and memory mapping
- Filesystem development
- Strength and a real passion for C and C++ programming
- Prior exposure to CPU profiling and performance analysis tools
- Excellent ability in testing and debugging complex systems
- Great interpersonal skills (written and oral)
- An interest in games and a dream to create something better
- Development on the PlayStation platforms or equivalent experience
- Experience of Unity or Unreal Engine or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of FreeBSD or Linux kernel development
- Familiarity with LLVM
- Japanese language skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Source: Best Remote Job