Status is the gateway to the decentralised web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute. Our focus areas right now are: user onboarding, developer tooling, token utilities, protocol/infrastructure research and token engineering.
Our core application, currently in beta on Mobile and Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team of made up of 60+ core-contributors and growing community of members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We’re looking for a hands-on Engineering leader to lead our core application team. You will be responsible for building, launching, maintaining and improving our core Status application (messenger, wallet & Dapp browser). You’ll be leading a distributed team of ~10 talented engineers to ship the app across multiple platforms, and provide regular performance and user improvements. You’ll work closely with our Co-Founders (Carl & Jarrad), and our COO (Nabil) to align the core application development with the overall strategy for the Status network and community.
It’s essential that you have a strong alignment to our principles and have a strong desire to build a better web. You can see our tech stack here.
- Overseeing the engineering team responsible for the end to end development of the Status application, across mobile and desktop.
- Shipping the app, and launching regular updates focused on app performance and stability as well as adding new features that add to the overall Status ecosystem.
- Ensure that the decentralized team is structured in a way to maximise collaboration, with minimal coordination tax.
- In close collaboration with the co-founders and PMs, structure a clear roadmap, timeline and budget for the development of the Status mobile and desktop apps.
- Establishing policies and procedures that produce high-quality software. This includes ensuring excellent documentation with the goal of increasing community contribution to Status.
- Passionate about blockchain technology and decentralisation.
- Experience leading software engineering teams (5+ years).
- Strong native mobile development experience (especially on Android).
- Familiarity with React Native.
- Experience shipping cross-platform apps.
- Strong technical skills, and a willingness to get hands-on.
- 2 years+ experience leading distributed software engineering teams.
- Contributing to projects on at least one blockchain codebase.
- Understanding key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding, lightning, and other scaling methodologies
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer science fundamentals, functional programming, functional design patterns, data structures, applied cryptography, high assurance software development, distributed computing & algorithms.
Source: Remote Global, Status