Headquarters: Vancouver, British Columbia
BuddyBoss provides software and services for creating and launching online platforms to sell courses, memberships and build online communities on WordPress. Our products are used to power tens of thousands of online communities, eLearning sites and other online platforms.
We also build custom development solutions for startups and established organizations, to address their specific platform requirements.
Our company is experiencing fast growth and we are seeking ambitious, dynamic, smart and energetic individuals to join the team and take part of our success!
If you are motivated to deliver high-quality and innovative services, BuddyBoss can offer you a great and fulfilling career opportunity.
We are a culturally diverse team of close to 70 motivated individuals, spread over 10 countries, working together like a big family. Two thirds of the company works remotely, and the rest from our two offices in Vancouver and Manila. We also enjoy meeting occasionally in different cities and at WordCamps, and we’re always super excited to see each other.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and passionate writer to craft a variety of marketing collateral, including sales pages, landing pages and marketing emails.
You will be responsible for writing sales materials to be used in our advertising, affiliate marketing and promotional campaigns.
You will work closely with our marketing director to formulate content, drive conversions and implement our marketing vision and strategies.
- Working closely with the marketing team to plan product promotions and campaigns.
- Becoming very comfortable with writing in the BuddyBoss brand voice.
- Gaining a deep understanding of our products and marketing strategies.
- Researching copy angles, gathering social/scientific proof and understanding market messaging.
- Understanding our audiences’ wants, needs, and pain points.
- Crafting compelling copy for a variety of mediums/campaigns including emails, websites, product pages, landing pages, ads, videos, webinars, case studies, transactional pages and social.
- Working closely with marketing and optimization teams to write new emails, headlines, sales pages, etc. for testing and optimization.
- Telling persuasive stories and creating copy/campaigns that evoke emotion, create credibility and inspire action.
- Writing copy that is clear, compelling and concise but also compassionate and creative.
- Writing a wide variety of digital marketing materials under tight deadlines.
- Participate in, and occasionally lead, brainstorming sessions with the marketing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- 3+ years proven work experience as a copywriter, product writer, content writer or similar role.
- Direct experience in direct response digital copywriting is a plus (preference for those with targeted experience in the technology and software niche).
- Experience writing copy for a software company in the areas of online community software, eLearning or WordPress (Companies creating WordPress themes or plugins) is a BIG plus.
- Portfolio of published sales pages, landing pages, content or email campaigns.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Superior attention to detail, self-motivated, resourceful, and a creative problem solver.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills.
- Writes with originality, personality and style and has strong storytelling/creative writing skills Thrives and adapts in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Appreciates analytics and metrics that can help improve conversions and creative impact.
- Ability to follow directions and give/take constructive criticism.
Only applications with resumes, portfolio AND cover letters will be considered. Please send in a PDF format. Include only the work you feel best showcases your skills and satisfies the role qualifications. Please include a link to your online portfolio.
In your cover letter, tell us about yourself, your journey into copywriting and why you think you’re a fit for BuddyBoss.
Write “Copywriter Application” at the beginning of the Cover Letter field.
Source: Remote Global, BuddyBoss