Headquarters: New York, United States
Ceros is an experiential content platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital content without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom interactive microcontent, to immersive event microsites, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content instantly, and embed it into your site instantly. Join us in ending the endless creation of static content and be part of the movement towards meaningful content experiences.
We are well-funded and venture-backed by prominent investors including Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
About the Product
Designing and building the Ceros platform is not an easy task. We require the best-of-the-best web developers, designers, and QA testers, ready to bring the functionality of desktop software to the web, often pushing web browsers to the limits of what’s currently possible.
We’re not language zealots. We believe in using the right tool for the job, and our current server-side infrastructure runs PHP, Node.js, Redis, AWS Aurora, Docker, Jenkins, etc. on the Amazon AWS cloud.
About the Team
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a small, cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much — whether it’s cracking jokes in the chat room or poking fun at the CEO’s atrocious spelling.
About the Job
Working completely from home, you’ll be communicating often through chat rooms, email, and video conferencing. We offer flexible working hours and an extremely flexible vacation policy. And we provide excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.).
As a Sr. Full Stack Developer, your typical day-to-day involves:
- writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- having your day ruined by functional QA testers who find every bug you write
- planning and leading high-complexity stories and epics
- reviewing story docs and offering insights on impacts to other parts of the application
- performing code reviews and helping to enforce our code and architectural standards
- participating as a primary on-call resource for service disruptions
- handling superfriend responsibilities with minimal assistance
- acting as release owner
- mentoring other developers
- suggesting new technologies and techniques to improve developer productivity
- agonizing over the user experience until even a trained monkey could use the product
- collaborating with and mentoring your peers on security best practices
- and finally, deploying your code to production and seeing the customer create something amazing and beautiful with it.
Key Things to Know
- This is a remote role
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation days
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- Excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.)
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Stack Overflow, Ceros