Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Help Scout platform helps more than 10,000 small and midsize businesses in 140+ countries deliver great customer service. We’re building a product marketing team to help us earn the next 10,000 customers through close collaboration with our product, engineering, design, support, leadership, and(of course) marketing teams.
As a Product Marketer on our team, you will:
- Make it easy for businesses to understand the value of Help Scout. It goes without saying that the ability to foster a deep understanding of our products, customers, and target audience is critical to this role. You’ll be a product expert: filling the gaps between what features we have, what customers are aware of, and use cases for growth.
- Create messaging that communicates value. Great stories enable us to differentiate from competitors, communicate the value of our products, and share our impact with the world. You’ll use market, customer, and competitive research to create effective messaging frameworks, content, collateral, and sales tools to drive adoption and growth.
- Design, develop, and execute cross-functional product launches. You’ll be the point person for product launches, and are responsible for knowing what we’re releasing; who it will benefit; how impactful it will be; and how to best get the word out. That includes creating audience segmentation plans; developing messaging around the value of the new feature; writing copy and content along the customer journey for our self-service and sales-assisted funnels; pulling together the launch plan; coordinating marketing activities; identifying opportunities for iteration and experimentation; and measuring the impact of your campaigns.
- Support demand generation, content marketing, and acquisition efforts. From crafting website copy to running a custom video shoot and everything in between, you’ll collaborate with internal teams, freelancers, and agencies to create and maintain an up-to-date product presence across all marketing channels. This will include (but is not limited to) our website, email programs, blog, print materials, digital assets, events, and more. Everything you write sets and reinforces the voice and tone of our brand.
- Enable our customer-facing teams. You’ll educate our internal customer-facing teams to ensure they’re informed of what we’re releasing, how it will benefit our customers, and how to talk about it. You’ll participate in gathering competitive intelligence; ensuring consistency of our messaging across teams and channels; and producing internal and external product materials including case studies, sales collateral, and internal training sessions.
- You’ll need to be skilled in understanding, articulating, and communicating the value of our products to our target audience through creative marketing tactics and programs.
- You have superhuman organizational skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the capability to bring different teams together to achieve a common goal. You have a track record of getting things done—managing multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- You are empathetic and thoughtful, always putting yourself in the customer’s shoes. You know that the most relevant messages start with understanding how people feel, which includes internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- You have a high bar of excellence and leave no stone unturned when it comes to the details. Shipping a campaign with a broken link will temporarily ruin your day (but you’ll quickly recover and learn from the mistake, as will we!).
- You are an outstanding writer, with a knack for summing up a customer benefit in 10 words or less. You can connect what something does with why the reader should care in a clear, articulate way.
- You have a thorough, practical understanding of the product marketing process and understand how to balance competing demands and needs while always delivering content and communications that are valuable for your customers.
- You are excited about being part of a remote-first company! No experience is required—we’re happy to set you up for success.
- You have worked in B2B SaaS and enjoy the challenges of attracting people and getting them to consider our product. Bonus points for experience with SMB markets or in companies with a hybrid self-service/sales assisted business model.
- You can work almost anywhere in the world as long as you have 3+ hours of overlap time with US Pacific (GMT-8) working hours or are willing to time shift to accommodate the preferred timezone.
Who you’ll work with:
- Head of Product Marketing – To be hired. You’ll report to this person, while also working closely with Justine Jordan, our CMO, on go-to-market strategy and campaigns.
- Ben Henderson — Director of Product, along with our product leads
- Product Specialists in the Support Team – Product specialists represent the voice of the customer, track and report on customer insights, and take the lead on creating documentation.
- The Sales Team—The Help Scout sales team inverts the way sales is typically done. They’re passionate about their craft, which entails putting the customer ahead of the sale.
- …plus teammates in Design, Marketing, Finance, and more!
- Competitive Salary – We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Sabbatical – After you’ve been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation plus $2500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or however you’d like to spend that time.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- 401k with 1% match– via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
- Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools – Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27” display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.
- Home office stipend – Every new hire gets $1000 USD to furnish their home office, and up to $350 USD per month if you’d like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 100 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 10,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.
Source: Remote Global, HelpScout