To be considered, please fill out this form below, we are not accepting resumes/CVs: https://forms.gle/7o19aokatHfnEhMVA
Wealthsimple makes financial tools that are easy, accessible, and transparent. We are on a mission to democratize access to world-class financial tools and information for everyone, regardless of age, net worth, background, or education. With over $5+ billion in assets under management and 175,000+ clients, we’re the market leader in Canada and are fast-growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the largest and most innovative fin-tech companies in the world. Join us and change the future of finance. Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
We are looking for a remote freelance tax writer to join the Wealthsimple content and SEO team. We’re primarily looking for someone with experience in writing about taxation in Canada. At Wealthsimple, we believe that simple is better. We’ll rely on you to make complicated tax concepts easy to understand.
In this role, you will:
- Write original articles on tax-related topics for the Personal Finance 101 section of our website.
- Rely on a brief outline created by our in-house SEO experts to inform your work.
- Break down complex tax concepts in a human, personal and informal style.
- Turn in quality, well-researched content that needs little editing or rewriting.
- Enforce our brand voice and content creation guidelines.
- Work independently but with guidance and support from our editorial, tax and SEO teams.
Our ideal team member will:
- Have a deep understanding of the Canadian tax system and convey this with passion.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, tax, finance or a related field.
- Have two or more years of freelance writing experience for web-based publications.
- Be exceptionally organized and rarely miss a deadline.
- Take pride in producing high-quality work as well as taking suggested edits and feedback on board.
- Have the ability to write in a light-hearted, conversational and fun way.
- Be fluent a fluent English speaker with the ability to write Canadian English.
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, indigenous peoples, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates and candidates with disabilities.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
Source: Best Remote Job, Wealthsimple