Headquarters: Carlton, Melbourne, Australia
Location: REMOTE (worldwide) or Melbourne, Australia
Compensation: A$100k to A$160k
About the role
Draftable API is our cloud API service for comparing documents, powered by our world-class Draftable technology. It is one of our two main products. Over the last year, we’ve been experiencing strong growth and we are now looking for an excellent generalist to join our team.
You will be the technical lead for Draftable API and oversee much of web infrastructure. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Python (Django, Django REST Framework).
- You have at least a year of experience with React.
- You are independent and self-reliant. You’re happy working on a task by yourself but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary.
- You have a strong awareness of effciency and computer science fundamentals (but you don’t need to know this stuff cold like a grad).
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially in a remote role.
- Work/life balance
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our team is mostly remote (5 in Melbourne, 2 in Poland, and a few travelling the world). And we prefer working with remote engineers, but we’re also open to welcoming you into our Melbourne office.
You will have flexibility to schedule your work around your other obligations but you will usually work at a fixed time. If your work hours don’t have much overlap with Australian business hours, you will need to be flexible with scheduling meetings late at night or early in the morning.
Our service is very stable and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We’re easy-going and easy to work with. We’re developer-led and have a flat structure. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture. We like writing things down. We love Slack.
We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Some things you might be doing in your first few months:
- Adding a new end-point to Draftable API
- Build an admin interface for internal staff
- Get our integration tests running inside docker
- Build a marketing sign-up page for our website that pipes form data through to Salesforce
- Work with our product lead to add a feature to our comparison viewer
About our technical stack
We have a fairly standard tech stack: Python (Django, Celery, SaltStack), React, PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ. Our frontend is JS, react, CSS, HTML.
Our core algorithms and products are written in .NET (mostly C# with some F# and some C++). In this role, it’s not intended that you will contribute to the core technology.
How to apply
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Read more about our hiring process.
Source: Best Remote Job, Draftable