At Designlab we are building the best platform in the world for creative skills education.
We have a passionate community of students and mentors from around the world, with rave reviews of our online design courses. Our mission is to help our students successfully navigate into a career in design while both challenging and supporting them along the way.
We’re a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help
We’re looking for our next customer support hire to join our small but extremely capable team and help support our global student and mentor community. In this role your primary responsibility would be to ensure that both our students and mentors have a stellar journey with us. It is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to help make a real difference in the lives of our community. Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!.
- Have a passion for education, design, and creative work
- Are excited to create “wow” moments for customers
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated passion for excellence in providing support to customers
- Are enthusiastic about learning new skills and creative problem-solving
- Possesses a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
- Have strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Are savvy with computers and technology including helpdesk software
- Are excited about working on the future of education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Provide world class service and support in a variety of areas to both students and mentors
- Professionally and empathetically handle incoming phone and email requests from students and mentors
- Ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Anticipate student and mentor needs and address them in your communication to prevent the need for future contacts
- Contribute towards building our community’s ability to serve themselves
- Serve as an ambassador for the Designlab brand in all communications/interactions
- Own various operational processes that allow for the smooth running of our platform and courses
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the student and mentor experience
- Work from anywhere!
- Play an important role on a talented, mission-driven team building a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- 1-2 years of customer service experience (phone and email)
- Working days will be 5 days per week, Sunday to Thursday
Designlab is an online platform for expert-driven creative skills education. Students learn design skills through online courses with hands-on projects, live 1-on-1 mentorship from top designers, and community interaction. We’re building a cutting-edge educational experience that provides the rigor and outcomes of offline courses, with the flexibility of an online platform. Thousands of students have taken our courses, with 5-star reviews on sites like Course Report and SwitchUp.
UX Academy graduates have been hired at leading companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Sony, and more. Our mentor network is the largest community of design mentors in the industry, with more than 400 designers, many from companies like Airbnb and Dropbox. We’ve built and supported a global student and mentor community with a small/nimble team of outsized performers, and we’re looking to add similar growth-minded individuals to the team.
Designlab is supported by a great mix of institutional and angel investors, including University Ventures, Forefront Venture Partners, Techstars, Andrew Kortina (co-founder of Venmo), and more.
Source: We Work Remotely, Designlab