Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 8 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews – komoot is on its way to becoming one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps. We are now looking for a Brand Manager to establish komoot as a global brand for more than 300 million people searching for great outdoor experiences
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and shape our brand strategy for different target groups and regions to establish komoot as a global cycling and outdoor brand.
- Translate our vision and brand into inspiring stories that’ll be shared with millions of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Plan, build and execute campaigns across all our communication channels, from our social media and blog to our newsletter that’s read by millions.
- Team up with copywriters, designers, photographers and videographers to shape our storytelling, refine our visual language, and to produce stunning images and videos.
Why you will love it
- You’ll drive the komoot brand strategy and inspire cyclists, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts all over the world.
- You’ll play a key role in our marketing team, enjoying full responsibility and total ownership of your tasks from day one.
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with whichever tools you love.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Our last team gathering was in the hills near Bologna, Italy.
You will be successful in this position if you
- You have 5+ years of experience in brand management as well as in planning and executing impactful digital campaigns.
- You possess proven knowledge and interest in the cycling and outdoor market and their respective customer segments.
- You have a deep understanding of branding, with demonstrable hands-on experience in brand storytelling and crafting channel and target group specific messages.
- You possess strong communication skills. You are confident and articulate, an empathic listener and persuasive storyteller. You convey impactful messages with ease.
- You have a keen eye for visual language, good copy and videos that inspire people.
- You speak English at a native level, are highly self-driven and possess a hands-on attitude to getting things done.
Sounds like you?
Send us the following
- A resume in English highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why are you interested in working at komoot.
- Relevant examples of your work (e.g. brand videos, social media or email campaigns).
- Something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Vimeo, Instagram account or your blog.
- As we love it when people go the extra mile, you’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot.
Source: Remote OK, Komoot