Gun.io was born from the F/OSS community as a way to connect open source developers with amazing gigs.
We spent years building a community of the best technical talent in the States – now several thousand strong.
We take our cues from the engineers in our fold: what’s blocking the best talent from working with the best teams? What is impeding fast, scalable growth for software companies? Those are the problems we think are worth solving – and around which we’ve built our business.
Learn more about what it’s like to freelance with Gun.io at: https://www.gun.io/freelancing-with-gunio
Start date: Flexible
Hours per week: 20-40 hours, remote work
Duration: Ongoing. We are always in need of experienced Tech Lead.
Rate: Up to $100 USD/hour, depending on your expertise. If you have a high rate, that’s okay. Help us understand why you’re worth it. We prefer to pay top dollar for the best talent.
What You’ll Do
You’ll have the opportunity to be part of the growing Gun.io development leadership team including working closely with Gun.io principals, clients, prospects, and project team members.
You’ll Crush it in this Role if…
- You have technical chops
- You’re a polyglot software engineer who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment with multiple projects and multiple teams alike.
- You are willing to take on the most challenging projects, problems, and conversations.
- You are happy working both independently and with others remotely.
- Your interests are current technologies, infrastructures, DevOps, and you have deep experience with multiple front and backend programming languages.
- You are conversant in major modern architecture patterns and where they are likely headed in the future.
- Your past experience has given you solid software development estimation skills for early project “rough order of magnitude” decisions.
- You understand and like business strategy
- You love working with clients directly. You care about the client’s business, business model, and the product while assisting the client in making savvy business decisions.
- You are able to articulate terms, problems, and solutions clearly to non-technical and technical stakeholders alike.
- You are a servant leader
- You are a consummate learner and an experienced generalist.
- You are able to create architecture, willing to lead a team, and crush tickets alongside team members.
- You are stack agnostic and biased against rewriting and needless refactoring.
- You are proud to drive team members to success and are willing to help pull the cart, too.
- You like to work hard and learn.
- You’re calm when making tough decisions, solving problems, and addressing dumpster fires.
- You champion good practices and standards across all projects including documentation, scrum discipline, DevOps, and QA.
- You take the lead on implementing standards on your projects and are willing to evaluate if those hold true in that particular project situation.
- You are able to have tough conversations and hold teams accountable for performance.
Must Have Requirements:
- Native or completely fluent English skills including excellent written English grammar and spelling
- Substantial client-facing experience
- Taken products from concept to launch and beyond
- 10+ years professional technology / business experience with minimum of 7 years of of that time as an engineer.
- Able to commit at least 20 hours per week to this role
- Able to work Western daytime hours
- Exemplify the Gun.io Core Values
- Keep your commitments; when you accept meetings or tasks you are expected to show up, be on time, or let your leaders know ahead of time
- Be honest; we expect honest dialogue and integrity from every person on the team
Source: Best Remote Job