Headquarters: United States, United Kingdom, Hungary
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We’re the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
As our client base is growing rapidly, we’re looking for an experienced SysOps Engineer who can help us sustain unparalleled uptime and scalability for our customers.
We are looking for someone to start immediately! This role’s shift need is Monday-Friday daylight hours in the Asia Pacific region (UTC+10; UTC+8).
While the responsibilities of the role will vary considerably from one day to the next, a few common tasks you can expect to work on regularly include:
- Create new Google Cloud virtual machines, install our hosting and software stack on them, and connect them to our pool of production machines.
- Assist the Support team by investigating bugs and issues reported by our clients affecting our infrastructure or platform.
- Monitor our infrastructure and respond to instances of high load. Investigate the issue, take steps to stabilize the infrastructure, document the steps taken, communicate lessons learned for the improvement of the team, and propose changes to avoid a recurrence.
- Respond immediately to any system outages during a scheduled 8-hour shift.
- Review firewall rules and make necessary adjustments in response to malicious traffic reaching our platform.
- Occasionally assist the DevOps team in the development of new tools and in the refinement of existing tools.
The ideal Kinsta SysOps Engineer is technically-knowledgeable, professional, curious, self-motivated, and capable of communicating complex technical topics clearly in writing.
In addition, our SysOps Engineers must possess the following skills or experience:
- English fluency.
- Extensive experience with creating, managing, and configuring Linux environments.
- Experience working with and configuring the following software, tools, and packages: nginx, php-fpm, MySQL, iptables, Ubuntu Linux.
While not required, the following skills and experience would be very beneficial for someone in this role:
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with ZFS.
- Experience with nginx fastcgi cache.
- Experience with Linux containers (LXD/LXC).
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
This is a fully-remote role. Our SysOps Engineers can work from anywhere with reliable internet access.
We always use the latest version of everything: ZFS, PHP-FPM, MariaDB, nginx, Ubuntu, Linux containers, Linux kernels, Ansible, Lua, and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting technologies and use them every day!
This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it’s like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.