Company: Search Engine Journal
Headquarters: Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Coverage of news which is all things PPC news – paid search / paid social / digital advertising – anything that is relevant and of interest to the Search Engine Journal audience.
Our office is 100% virtual – so you don’t have to live anywhere in particular.
However, we expect you to have strong English skills and experience in paid media.
As PPC News Writer, you will be expected to:
- Develop news stories on PPC advertising that will be of interest to marketers – including paid search, paid social, and other types of digital advertising (e.g., display, remarketing). This includes stories from the major ad platforms (Google / Bing / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / Pinterest / etc.)
- Monitor relevant publications, blogs, social media, forums, and any other relevant sources to source stories.
- Produce stories in a timely fashion (breaking news). Ideally, as it happens (not 1-2 days after). But if/when you can’t be first to report, be best by adding a unique spin, industry/personal insight, expert commentary, analysis, or anything else that brings a fresh and unique perspective.
- Format text for readability.
- Conduct research to provide any needed context for readers.
- Write accurate and engaging headlines that attract traffic and clicks.
- Communicate (mainly via email) with the Executive Editor and fellow Search Engine Journal news writers.
- Communicate with reps at ad platforms, if/when possible.
- Add a Featured Image to every post. (Either you provide your own non-copyrighted image or you select one from our stock photo service.)
- Include relevant screenshots/images/etc., whenever possible.
- Cover all news stories thoroughly, following journalistic principles.
- Link to related news stories and posts on Search Engine Journal.
- Promote your stories on social media, etc.
- Attend weekly Search Engine Journal team meetings.
Interested? Apply now!
You have until March 31st, 2020 to apply!