Company: Chef Software
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We develop the world’s best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud — rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals, strong on aptitude and attitude, will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
The Desktop Automation team leverages our widely deployed industry leading automation tools to build solutions for IT Operators to automate the provisioning, management, and security of employee desktops, laptops, and other endpoints. As a member of the Desktop Automation team you’ll develop new features and create content for our Chef Infra and Chef Inspec projects. You will also be responsible for integrating our software with third party technologies such as Microsoft Autopilot and Apple Business Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build out the innovative and aggressive roadmap for Chef Desktop in the best possible way for our customers
- Create software solutions that improve the lives of our customers every day
- Teach, mentor, and learn from your team of world class engineers
- For an area of our product, take on responsibility for and iteratively drive successful implementation of improvements and features
- Work on issues and improvements in our tools critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
- Collaborate with various stakeholders of the project including product management, UX, other teams as well as customers
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ll have strong software development skills with experience in Ruby and one or more of the following – Python, Go, C/C++, C# or Java
- You have systems software development skills with experience with either Windows or Linux Operating Systems and are willing to learn the other
- You have experience with modern technology stacks with a bent for system level software
- Bash or Powershell experience desired and are willing to learn the other
- Experience provisioning and automating desktop platforms
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems internals desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a software engineer, systems engineer, or solution architect
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You enjoy collaborating closely with Chef customers and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought – we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
Who we are:
We’re some of the world’s most well-known and respected software developers, systems architects and operations engineers, who have built, designed and operated web applications you’re probably using right now.
Features and fixes are written as pull requests and reviewed by the team. Code review is an essential part of our process; work is not complete unless it is tested.
Our engineering team is remote first and works fully in open source. Allowing us to not only live where we will be most productive, but enables us to create a work environment that celebrates all of our humanity. We celebrate the difference of perspective this brings and the barriers it removes.
Benefits are awesome – a competitive salary, equity for all, solid medical/dental benefits, 401(k), telecommuting, flextime, a variety of interesting projects, and brilliant co-workers.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Source: Best Remote Job, Chef Software