Headquarters: Melbourne and Hobart, Australia
Yoohoo. Biteable here. We’re on the lookout for a Product Designer to help us make the world’s simplest video maker even better. With millions of users, and millions more to come, we need someone that knows how to design products worth falling in love with. That’s you, right?
All about you
You’re customer-centric. You’re big on customer research and user experience. And you champion the user’s needs wherever you go.
Design is in your DNA. UX and interaction design are your bag. You understand iterative processes like design thinking. And you can feel it in your tum-tum when the pixels sit just right.
You’re an architect. You’re skilled in information architecture design which means your designs are not only beautiful, but purposeful too.
You understand people. You’re collaborative, inclusive and empathetic. You’re calm and confident when challenges arise. And you’ve got a sense of humor that you share generously.
You do data. You’re nifty with data analytics and metrics. You don’t wear a white coat, but you’re comfortable designing and analyzing experiments.
You listen. You’re open to new ideas and you share your own openly. You involve others in ideation and you like criticism as much as praise.
You think critically. You ask ‘why’ often and you like to dive deep on problems and solutions. You don’t take things at face value. Except for this job ad.
All about the role
- You’ll be joining an established design chapter and you’ll be working with autonomous teams.
- We imagine you’ll do stuff like on this list. You’ll decide your actual tasks in collaboration with those around you.
- Interface and UX design all the way through from ideation to release
- User interviews and surveys to understand pleasure and pain points
- Persuade and influence product direction
- Lead workshops and showcases to encourage collaboration
- Involve functional teams (like engineering, marketing, and product) in the design process
- Use systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Move some pixels about 11 places to the left and 3 up
All about us
We are Biteable, a tech start-up that makes (jaw-dropping) videos possible for everyone. We stand apart in our market thanks to our dedication to studio-quality content and our passion for simplicity.
Since our launch in 2014 we’ve:
- Created a community of over 4.6 million users
- Rendered 9.6 million videos
- Raised $3.9 million in venture capital
- We’re growing fast and have offices in Melbourne and Hobart, Australia, with remote team members scattered around the world. We’re informal, structurally flat and fun to work with.
All about our culture
We believe in giving everyone a fair go. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We like it when everyone feels supported and free to create.
Our team members genuinely care about each other and define themselves as rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless. Here are a few quotes that we didn’t make up:
“Biteable’s team of smart, funny, engaged and caring people makes my work here enjoyable, every day. Being close to decisions and decision-makers helps me make an impact on our work.”
“The development team is a great group of people. They’re smart and interested in doing high-quality work, but foster a social and supportive atmosphere, too.”
“I’m thankful for the flexibility Biteable gives me around my family commitments. I really like that my team is open to new ideas and processes. And I enjoy that I get to work on a variety of problems with a mix of people with diverse areas of expertise.”
How to apply
We want you to start soon, so our application process is quick. To apply, send us your CV and a short cover letter about why you and Biteable fit together like the Eameses and Herman Miller.
We’ll review it and get back to you quick smart. We’ll then do two rounds of informal interviews. If it feels right for all of us, you’ll be on board faster than you can say ‘intuitive interface’.
Source: We Work Remotely, Biteable