Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Marketing Operations Analyst
The Marketing Operations Analyst will own the analysis of Fastly marketing efforts and their impact on pipeline, revenue, and customer lifetime value. You’ll leverage data across product, sales and marketing systems to reveal trends and provide insights to optimize marketing efforts. Good insights are only possible with good data, so you’ll also create processes to improve and maintain data quality & hygiene.
The perfect candidate loves to solve difficult data problems, is not afraid to challenge assumptions, and enjoys building processes and standards. They’re great at translating complex information in an understandable way to their less technical teammates, and enjoy working in a truly global role with a remote team.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze performance of all marketing programs, and work with stakeholders across marketing to advise on the return and optimization of their programs
- Improve decision making by building and refining reports and dashboards in Domo, Salesforce, and ad hoc reporting needs.
- Build connections and gather insights from Fastly data sources using data across product, marketing and sales
- Evaluate and improve data quality and cleanliness in Eloqua, Salesforce, and other systems
What We’re Looking For
- Experience with B2B marketing KPIs & attribution models
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce.com data structure & reporting
- Experience writing SQL queries and ETL procedures. Expert Excel skills.
- Experience working with data warehouses and data visualization/BI tools (Domo, Tableau, Birst, PowerBI, etc)
- Strong self motivation and ability to work autonomously with a mostly remote team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to document and present findings results for audiences of all levels.
- Team player; ability to establish trusted relationships with other Fastly team members.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain a high level of accuracy and integrity, and have excellent time management skills.
- At least five years of experience working in an analytical role, ideally focused in sales or marketing
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
- We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Source: We Work Remotely, Fastly