Company: Input Output
Headquarters: Queen’s Road East, Hong Kong
As a Software Test Engineer at IOHK you are responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution across all releases to the Cardano Platform. Working closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
A strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology is required. You will play a key role in development projects and be responsible for defining, tracking, coordinating and conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop testing objectives
- Reviewing and analysing system specifications
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Execute and analyse automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Support technical services as escalation point for reported bugs.
- Experience of software engineering best practices and of testing methodologies, ideally ISTQB or ISEB certified.
- Expertise in libraries, tools and procedures for the execution and automation of various types of tests (e.g. unit tests, property tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, UI tests, performance tests, stress tests, fault tolerance tests).
- Experience with a functional programming language such as Haskell would be advantageous, but we will also consider experience with Python, Java or C#.
- Experience of setting up an Automation framework using Selenium or similar.
- Blockchain Development experience is preferable but relevant technical experience is also considered, i.e. you’ve worked in highly technical environments and have the ability to pick up new concepts and processes.
- Experience with Virtualization – VMWare, Hyper-V
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with git
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)
- Experience with continuous deployment (CD)
- High attention to detail and quality oriented
- Curious and consistently seeks to learn new technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Can work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong documentation skills
Education / Experience
- Higher degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, logic, physics, or a related subject (Bachelor or Above)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Testing
- Performance and Security testing experience would be a plus
- Experience in test automation and setting up a new framework
- Experience of API testing
- Experience in distributed systems and network would be beneficial
- Experience working in an Agile setup (Scrum, Kanban)
Source: Remotey, Input Output