Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, United States
Mattermost, one of Y Combinator’s top 100 companies, provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the Role
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career. Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to help manage and scale our development teams. In this role, you’ll work with a distributed team of engineers all across the globe. This is a fully remote/distributed position with the opportunity to have a real impact on the teams you manage, as well as our product offerings.
- Manage a globally distributed team of engineers.
- Scale the team by developing and executing a hiring roadmap.
- Ensure team success by leading our onboarding and performance management processes.
- Develop project plans to align your team’s work with the company product strategy and plans.
- Manage software projects for your teams.
- Maintain status, identify and resolve roadblocks, and communicate status both inside and outside your teams.
- Ensure alignment with proper development standards and coding practices.
- Interact with customers as necessary to ensure a great customer experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience working as a software engineer building products.
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams.
- Ability to dive deep when necessary and help the team solve problems and make the right decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow engineers that you’ve managed.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality software based on a defined plan.
- Experience with performance management.
- Experience defining and delivering on a hiring roadmap.
- Strong experience with build and orchestration tools we use: Jenkins, CircleCI, FastLane, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
We’re looking for someone who wants to help us build the future of Mattermost and improve the way the world communicates. The right person in this role has the opportunity to have a huge impact on Mattermost the product, and its many users worldwide, but also on our open source community that has been key to Mattermost’s success. If this sounds like you – please apply!
Source: Best Remote Job, Mattermost
Dell XPS 13 9370 4K Touch Laptop XPS9370-5156SLV-PUSSale!
HP 23er 23-inch DisplaySale!
Dell Alienware 25″ Gaming Monitor: AW2518HFSale!