Headquarters: Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Minted is looking for experienced full stack web developers (Senior Software Engineer, Digital) to join its Digital engineering team in Kansas City (or you can work remote!). Help Minted build digital products that customers love — with beautifully designed, delightful, and functional user experiences.
At Minted engineering, we marry design with technology to deliver beautiful, unique products that are co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do has a measurable impact. We give attention to our craft, and strive to build software and experiences that shine in their quality, influence on the business, and benefit to our customers. We like to ship early and often and to constantly reduce both the noise of software development and the iteration time toward seeing our work in production.
- Work alongside other developers in the Kansas City team to craft some of Minted’s newest digital experiences (wedding websites, online invitations, address book, etc.).
- Build both frontend and backend application code for products that excel in their design sensibility, user experience, and utility.
- Implement the face of Minted as seen by the world and as experienced by customers.
- Join the Kansas City team in its efforts to make Minted the best place for developers to work in KC.
- Self-managed and work well in a partially-remote team.
- Empathetic toward users and devoted to exceptional user experience.
- Eager to write well-tested, maintainable, and scalable application code.
- Driven toward a strong sense of craftsmanship in your work.
- 1+ years professional experience with Python (or similar dynamic language).
- 5+ years professional development experience, preferably Web.
- Competence building responsive CSS with a cohesive experience across major browsers and platforms.
- Rich understanding of details and techniques for delivering an experience to the browser with optimization for page load times.
- Experience working closely with databases and crafting a strong data model, along with schema migration and form validation.
- Experience working with authentication and authorization systems as well as varied approaches to maintaining application state with sessions, cookies, or other stateful storage mechanisms.
- Experience building interoperable services with clean APIs for communication.
- Strong written and verbal skills and proactive communication.
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we’re backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We’re a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Source: Best Remote Job, Minted