Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Persado is reinventing marketing creative by applying mathematical certainty to the message, the foundational DNA of marketing. By unlocking the power of words, companies win every digital marketing moment, experiencing dramatic new levels of brand engagement and revenue performance. CMOs from the world’s most valuable brands rely on Persado to generate in a dramatically new way using the power of intelligent automation, AI and advancements in linguistic science to unlock the power of words and emotionally engage consumers, one by one, moment by moment at scale.
The Persado Message Machine uses sophisticated AI, data science, computational linguistics and machine learning to generate the perfect message for every campaign by leveraging the world’s most advanced marketing language knowledgebase of more than one million tagged and scored words and phrases. Marketers gain full visibility with quantifiable results and data-driven insights to identify the trends and emotional language that win every moment in the customer journey while ensuring the marketing message always reinforces brand voice.
What We Are Looking For:
The Managing Editor will be responsible for oversight and management of the editorial content publishing process for Persado and help drive world-class editorial and user experience for visitors. The Managing Editor will be a critical member of the Content Marketing team and play a vital role in executing the content strategy across channels, properties, and assets. This role will own project management of the editorial calendar and process across a diverse set of content types from articles and blog posts to eBooks, whitepapers, videos, and longer form, to-be-determined assets. In this role, you will contribute directly to building an exceptional editorial function that directly impacts business performance.
You’ll manage editorial projects within our marketing team while displaying a devotion to growing our core audience and building deeper engagement with our visitors. You’ll guide diverse editorial projects across a variety of distribution channels and formats while working cross-functionally with key stakeholders including designers, copy editors and internal experts to craft and implement editorial ideas.
You’ll nurture and activate our voice, tone, and editorial style to connect with marketing leaders and work to bring unique story ideas to fruition regarding AI, marketing, and business growth. You’ll also write and create thought leadership pieces for executive-level audiences.
What We Want You To Do:
- Own publishing of 4-7 content assets for executive audiences per week by coordinating multiple internal and external contributors and serve as the final editor to maintain Persado standards of quality and style.
- Drive continuous improvement of the Persado editorial voice and tone, the publishing process and user experience to meet audience expectations and Persado marketing priorities.
- Serve as liaison with marketing, product, creative, PR and communication, and IT partners to collaborate on content site evolution.
- Develop and create high quality, on-brand content assets for executive audiences as needed
- Help measure, report and analyze the impact of content assets and projects
- Manage and evolve workflow process and tools to optimize productivity and establish workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to ideate and develop content, based on Persado go-to-market plans, in multiple formats including articles, infographics, videos, quizzes, presentations, and eBooks to ultimately drive client journeys through the buying cycle
- Support the evolution of the content marketing style guide in partnership with content marketing leadership to maintain a distinctive voice that adheres to brand standards and activates the brand across media and channels
- Help drive and optimize SEO content across assets and channels to optimize site traffic with target audiences
What We Want To See:
- Exceptional editorial, writing, project management, and proofreading skills, primarily for digital assets.
- Experience in the role of managing editor working with executive-level content and audiences
- Minimum 9-years hands-on experience creating B2B or technology content for a publication or brand for senior audiences and leading digital editorial workflows
- Experience creating and distributing content across a variety of platforms (e.g., video, podcast, downloadable content, influencers, native advertising)
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders ranging from executives to subject matter experts, both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills a plus
- Experience working with remote teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; a focus in English, journalism or communications preferred
- Adaptability and business acumen: The ability and desire to upgrade processes and standards while also being flexible enough to respond quickly when business needs change.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where things don’t always go according to plan but where the goal is an unwavering commitment to build a disciplined, high-performance culture.
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills and ability to sell ideas and promote strategy with various stakeholders
- Experience with project or workflow management tools (i.e. Monday.com, Asana, Workfront, etc.)
What We Offer:
By joining Persado, you will be part of a smart, creative and dynamic company experiencing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
- Competitive salary and equitable compensation
- Generous benefits packages globally
- Flexible paid time-off programs
- Charitable giving matching and volunteer opportunities
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Structured On-boarding
- Focus on continuous Learning & Development tied to a personalized career path
Persado is a place where your life goals and work goals can both be achieved!
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, Persado