Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
Float is the world’s leading resource scheduling app, helping more than 3,000 creative teams plan their time.
We’re hiring a remote Operations Manager to join our talented team of 18. This role will touch almost all parts of the business, from HR, to finance and event planning. You’ll play a key role in the growth of Float, ensuring our team are setup to succeed and shaping a culture that’s true to our values. You’ll report directly to our CEO.
We’re considering candidates looking for part-time (20h/week), scaling up to full-time. If you took time off to start a family and are looking to scale back up your working hours, this may be right for you.
- Managing our hiring process end-to-end: From writing job descriptions like this one, to candidate managment, and drafting contracts.
- Onboarding new starters: Ensuring new team members get off to the right start.
- Leading the planning of our team meetups: Coordinating our annual all-team (last year it was Athens) and departmental meetups.
- Payroll, benefits and expense management: You’ll be our go-to for payroll, benefits or expense-related questions.
- Basic accounting: You’ll pay vendor and team invoices, reconcile customer invoices, work with our accountant to keep things in check and create basic financial reports.
- Refining our tools and processes: You’ll be continually assessing how we work, and what tools we use – exploring opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Over time, as our team expands, you’ll be instrumental in defining our role levels and performance review process. You’ll also build on the benefits and perks that are most valuable to our team.
- We’re looking for someone who has had demonstrable experience working in an Operations role and reporting to senior leadership. Perhaps you worked for a large team and are looking to have a greater impact on a growing team. You know first-hand, the challenges that come with scaling a team.
- You thrive on the variety that comes with the role, and the satisfaction of helping others. You have a flair for creativity when it comes to decisions like where we host our annual meetup, and are equally comfortable delving into a spreadsheet.
- You understand the legal differences between US Employees and Contractors – our team are a mix of both – and can leverage your experience to improve our policies in countries where we do have team members. Experience in US corporate tax is a bonus.
- Our payroll is administered by JustWorks, and you’re familiar with payroll administration and PEOs.
- As our team are in many different time zones, we rely on clear, concise, written communication. This is one of your strengths, and it should be evident in your application.
💼 Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you’d like to work out of home.
🖥 Home office expense budget: We help kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
💪Health & fitness expense budget: A budget for the activities that help keep your mind and body in shape.
🏖 Work where you want: As long as you have great internet speeds, be wherever you want to be.
🏰 Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year. The last two were in Athens and Lisbon.
⚕Medical, dental & vision: In the US, we pay 50% of your coverage, including partners and children.
💰Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there’s ever an exit.
Salary range is USD $85K – $100K (At full-time hours or otherwise pro-rated). Compensation is benchmarked relative to experience and equitable to other roles at Float. We’re a US-based company. If you are based outside the US, as half our team is, you will be hired as a Contractor.
Source: We Work Remotely, Float