Headquarters: United States
GitHub is where more than 27 million people learn, share, and work together to build software.
Our newly founded Brand Marketing Department is building a collaborative team of copywriters, strategists, and event producers who work together as an internal agency for the organization. Reporting to the Head of Content, the role will work within this cross-functional team to develop copy for articles, email, white papers, sales collateral, landing pages, and various product marketing content needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about creating quality content and has experience writing about software development. Because we function as an internal agency whose motto is “How can we help?” this role requires a dedication to quality customer service.
- Develop copy for a wide range of brand and product marketing needs including articles, emails, white papers, sales collateral, landing pages and more
- Maintain the GitHub voice across all branded content
- Copyedit content to ensure proper grammar and tone based on GitHub’s style manual
- Work closely with stakeholders throughout the team and the broader organization to gather content requirements
- Collaborate with the Design and Marketing Operations teams to get projects shipped
- 3+ years experience as a copywriter with a portfolio showing a wide range of projects
- Strong editing skills and ability to write according to a specific style guide
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Understands the software development audience we’ll be writing for
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience using GitHub a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!