Headquarters: New York, USA
TED is looking for a part-time Community Support specialist, ideally based in the midwestern United States, who can help respond to our community’s inquiries about our various media platforms, programs, and initiatives. This 3-6 month contract position is based remotely but reports virtually to TED’s New York office. The contract can possibly be extended beyond 3-6 months based on performance and team needs.
- Respond to and resolve TED’s community support issues using in-depth and broad knowledge of the entire TED organization
- Clarify complex inquiries and direct them to the appropriate TED team
- Work with the Community Support leads to prioritize user issues as they arise, and create organizational awareness around trending issues as they emerge
- Work with the leads to flag website or app bugs, and track potential website or app improvements
- The capacity to be infinitely patient, authentic, and warm with our community
- Excellent written communication skills
- Possession of a wide range of technical knowledge
- Comfortable working with technical terms you may not yet understand
- Comfortable in a startup-like environment where everyone wears multiple hats
- A collaborative team player who is also comfortable working independently
- Excited by the prospect of constantly improving our systems for bug tracking and ticketing
- Capable of and willing to work remotely
- In possession of a working computer with reliable internet access
- Ability to pass a short writing test
- At least one year of experience doing customer support, either virtual or customer-facing
A passion for TED talks, and a broad interest in the world – including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts – are big pluses. Multilingualism (especially in Spanish) is helpful, but not required. Candidates should find fulfillment in details, efficiency, logistics, and consistency, and should be comfortable working in the casual but high-minded work environment of a nonprofit organization.
Also: we only hire extremely nice people!