Headquarters: Miami, Florida, United States
SimpleTexting seeks a sophisticated, experienced, and collaborative designer to create designs and to own the design process across the SimpleTexting product. You’ll work with our product team to both create designs and guide the design process across the whole product.
SimpleTexting is the leading web-based platform for SMS marketing and business texting. Our software gives organizations the ability to send marketing campaigns, share important alerts, and provide 1-on-1 customer service using text messages. Thousands of organizations in North America rely on SimpleTexting to connect with their audiences. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that includes segments, autoresponders, data collection and analytics, our platform is designed to help businesses start and scale their engagement through SMS.
- Work with our UX team to develop elegant, responsive, and thoughtful designs based on user research taking into consideration user needs and technical constraints. Primarily responsible for UI design of our web based application.
- Using an iterative approach, take design from wireframe to sketches to high fidelity interactive prototypes for validation.
- Participate as a member of our product team to ensure designs are implemented through our development process with precision.
Proven Abilities Required
- Exceptional skills in visual design with a keen focus on user experience. The ability to architect information and craft designs in a way that is not only beautiful, but contributes to an elevated user experience. This includes an exceptional attention to detail and pixel perfect designs.
- 5+ years experience designing for a digital product, preferably SaaS and/or web app
- 2+ years experience in a design-centric leadership role, with at least 1-2 direct reports
- Demonstrable experience and capabilities in design leadership, including advanced understanding of UX/UI and establishing a product design practice
- Skilled in standard design tools (i.e. Adobe, Sketch, InVision), hand drawing and visual communication with the ability to iterate rapidly.
- Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale (preferably evidence-based) and benefit of design ideas.
- Understanding of technical and business constraints with the ability to adapt design process accordingly.
- Superior oral and written english communication skills.
- Remote work experience considered a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or other design-related discipline (preferred, not required).
- Minimum of 4 years experience, preferably designing for a digital product.
Location: Remote – must be available to work primarily US hours
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time remote based position
- Competitive compensation (depending on experience)
- Unlimited flexible time-off policy
Please submit a portfolio of projects you’ve worked on, with real-world examples that highlight your design experience. This should include examples of responsive web-based application design.
Please highlight one design project and help us understand the design process in bringing this project to life. Some questions to help inspire you:
- What was the workflow involved?
- What were the roles of the people that were involved?
- What was the outcome (any data to share)?
- Try SimpleTexting for yourself. It’s free for 14 days. No credit card required.
Source: We Work Remotely, SimpleTexting