Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Vorstella is for engineers who build or run large, complex systems. Unlike monitoring tools, Vorstella’s AI agent can forecast future problems, identify an outage root cause, and walk engineers through complex remediation procedures. Vorstella works with your existing team to keep your systems available and performant so that you can rest easy.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Principal Engineer, Technical Lead or CTO who is passionate about building software platforms that serve our core mission. It’s our belief that running complex distributed systems is too hard, and we want to do everything possible to level the playing field. Nobody should ever have that moment of dread when they go on pager rotation, feel uneasy when moving a system to production, experience the nagging uncertainty of configuring a service, or the panic accompanying an alert. We have the data, we have the experience, we’re here to help.
What you’ll be doing
The existing architecture was designed by the founders and a small group of engineers, it’ll be your job to take us to the next level as we grow to service new customers, add features, and enter new markets. Although the role is primarily technical you’ll play a key role in recruiting new engineers, mentoring employees, and enabling others. You’ll be the exemplar for the engineering team and it’ll be your job to instill a culture of quality and professionalism. We use a simplified lean methodology, working in small sprints with direct feedback from customers. Our ability to build, get feedback and iterate is critical.
- Strong social, verbal and written communication skills. We’re currently a 100% remote team with engineers in California and Arizona.
- Strong background in engineering distributed, real-time, scalable data pipelines, preferably servicing machine learning teams and customer predictions.
- Strong intuition for what corners to cut, fires to ignore, features to postpone, and how to stage work in order to optimize our limited engineering resources.
- You don’t need to be an ML genius but experience in machine learning engineering including familiarity with tools such as Kafka, Tensorflow, Kubernetes, Spark, Cassandra and Elasticsearch is highly desired.
- Set schedules, meet deadlines and make the trains run on time.
- Experience in a dynamic work environment with a bias for action.
- A focus on quality and reliability; customers trust is our most cherished asset.
- A love of distributed systems, data, and learning new things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Background check is required, but pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Significant equity stake in an early stage, fast growing company with real revenue from big customers.
- Significant mentorship, attention and interaction with the founders and investors. This is an executive role.
- We are pushing the cutting edge of what’s possible, you’ll be working with some of the world authorities in large-scale distributed systems. We’ve made significant and meaningful advancements in the fields of root-cause detection, outage prediction, load modeling and workload classification.
- You’ll be defining product and features that run some of the largest distributed systems in existence