Company: Entangled Group / Pathstream
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
At PathStream (https://www.pathstream.com/), we are on a mission to create radical impact on career and economic mobility, through high quality and accessible career-focused education. To do so, we are building an online platform which teaches job-critical tech skills, and completely changes the nature of the online learning experience.
Whereas most online learning consists of passive video lectures, Pathstream users learn and build career skills within actual software platforms that are authentically used on the job, ensuring they are ready to perform in a real work environment. Throughout the courses, users build a portfolio which demonstrates their skills and ultimately earn a certification from the relevant software platform company, both of which ensure that their efforts translate into actual career mobility.
We are building courses for our first two major clients, Facebook on Digital Marketing and Unity on VR/AR. We are additionally establishing partnerships with colleges across the country to ensure these courses and skills are accessible to traditional learners as well as working adults. Learn more about PathStream’s partnership with Facebook and Unity in this TechCrunch article: https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/16/facebook-is-going-back-to-college/
We are seeking a Technical Learning Experience Designer who will co-lead the design and creation of Pathstream’s online instructional content.
The primary responsibility of the role is to create engaging and informative curriculum which will be delivered online through the Pathstream platform.
What you’ll do:
- Design and author technical online course curriculum likely in one of the following areas: cybersecurity, salesforce, IT administration, data science, data analytics, business intelligence etc.
- Work closely and collaboratively with subject matter experts to specify key learning objectives for specific courses.
- Translate dense, complex subject material into clear, compelling, and well structured curricula.
- Develop engaging, interactive online learning modules, including supporting multi-media.
- Evaluate content in relation to learning objectives, internal conventions, and approved style guides.
- Design project based learning experiences in collaboration with our internal team and subject matter experts.
- Format, edit, and perform quality assurance checks on your own work and the work of others, ensuring consistency of voice and message, precision, clarity, and overall engaging and aesthetically pleasing output across all types of communications and deliverables (and get paid to learn in the process!)
Relevant Experience and Mindset:
- You are an excellent communicator, especially in writing, and have the ability to express complex topics clearly and easily. You have a strong command of the English language.
- You’re a fast learner: you pick up on new topics quickly and you’re excited and able to develop functional understanding of new software platforms and translate technical content into layman’s terms with the support of subject matter experts.
- You’re highly detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills – whether it’s content organization or organizing your own workflow.
- You have experience in the design, development, and writing of online learning content.
- You’re collaborative by nature and are energized by cross-functional work.
- You’re interested in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities.
- You understand that a job goes beyond a job description and are willing to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- You have experience or familiarity with cybersecurity or data science
- You’re passionate about career-focused education and/or economic mobility and using technology-based solutions in this space
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Open to the role being remote or in-person in San Francisco.
- Free snacks, drinks, coffee, and tea in SF office.
Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristic to apply.