Company: Territory Foods
Headquarters: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Territory Foods is hiring a Software Engineering Manager to lead and support our software development team. This role will apply strategies to enhance our development process while managing the technical backlog, building best practices around scoping tasks, managing our team of engineers, and working cross-functionally to implement features that meet the needs of our customers and internal stakeholders. When necessary, this person can jump in the code and weigh-in with expertise on best practice technical solutions and architecture. This person understands the company’s technology at a deep level and can lead the development team in executing the product strategy.
We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem — personalized nutrition. We are a direct-to-consumer eCommerce company selling chef-crafted, delicious fresh food for food tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including Whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian). Territory Foods operates in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal, and the Bay Area) through multiple distribution models, and is actively expanding into new products and geographic regions. In each region, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to meet their health & wellness goals.
- Provide engineering leadership to our development team in scheduling and assigning development tasks, following up on work results, analyzing strategies, and recognizing and coaching team members as appropriate
- Advocate for developers and address technical debt while balancing business needs
- Manage sprints and create milestones
- Partner with our Product Manager to scope feature releases to align with our product roadmap
- Work towards scalability and flexibility within our web application and its integrations
- Manage feature development through design, implementation, testing, and reporting
- Participate in code review processes and provide concrete feedback and ensure best practices are followed
- Track and report out on KPIs and performance, insights and optimization opportunities
- Present project initiatives to upper-level management communicating the financial and operational impact of any changes
Your Mindset & Experience
You’re a smart, creative, and strategic leader looking for levers of success for the business. You care deeply about team dynamics and understand how to unlock performance for team members across different levels, locations, and working styles. You want to play a key role at a high-growth enterprise that’s trying to make a significant difference in the world.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a technical team
- Experience as a developer building web applications
- Clear, effective communicator who is passionate about agile development with engagement from business stakeholders
- Ability to run a lean in-house development team and contract resources
- Prior experience managing a 100% remote development team
- Ideally, experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, and Heroku
- Nice-to-have: Experience with e-commerce, payment processing, and order fulfillment
100% remote. Our development team is dispersed across the US with resources in Colorado, Michigan, Los Angeles, and North Carolina. Leadership is spread across New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC.
We’re a mission-driven company that is motivated by making healthy eating crazy simple and delicious for our customers. We care deeply about the health and sustainability of the communities in which we serve and are committed to building a business that enriches the lives of our customers and partners.
We try to reflect that mission in how we work:
- We are a distributed, remote team with team members all over the country, and trust is paramount to our working environment. We live in Slack.
- We have a culture of self-accountability where our team holds themselves to a very high standard and gets great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
- We are a venture-backed startup so we are growing and innovating rapidly – our pace is fast and you have to love it.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
- We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you’re naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.
To throw your hat into the ring, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Source: Best Remote Job, Territory Foods
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99