Company: Tilted Pixel
Headquarters: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
We are a digital agency seeking a highly experienced PHP developer to perform backend development on client sites and to build and enhance our backend infrastructure.
This is a remote hourly position with a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours/week.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build and maintain a portfolio of custom ecommerce websites that sell digital products. Work includes building custom functionality, writing and troubleshooting billing code, and writing backend logic for user interfaces.
- Maintain and add features to our custom ecommerce platform specifically built for selling digital products/recurring billing.
- Advise on further improving our software development systems, and helping to build out a roadmap for future framework framework.
- At least 5 years of experience working with PHP and the rest of the LAMP stack. If you’ve been using PHP long enough to remember the excitement of PHP 3 that’s a bonus 😉
- Can demonstrate the ability to write production quality code oriented around maintainability, security, and speed.
- Passionate about writing code and being in a position where you can spend most of your time getting to be a programmer (rather than meetings, emails, TPS reports, etc).
- Committed to working in a remote programming position for the long-term. We’re looking for a candidate who can grow with us.
- Experienced at managing multiple projects and deadlines. We are an agency so we have multiple active clients at any given time.
- Prior experience with an MVC-based framework such as Laravel, Symfony, CakePHP, or similar is a must.
- Strong written English skills are a must. In particular must be able to clearly understand and follow software requirements written in English.
- Must have fast and dependable internet connection, an appropriate work from home environment, and supply own computer and other technology.
- Experience with the Stripe API, especially Stripe Billing. We write a lot of complex billing code.
- You are open to this position growing to full-time work eventually.
Benefits of working for us:
- Fully remote work with flexible work schedule.
- Guaranteed minimum of hours.
- We care deeply about the work that we create for clients, the importance of good code, and wish to work with someone that has a similar mindset.
You should not apply if:
- You don’t have a strong PHP MVC background or experience with writing efficient and secure code. This is an essential requirement.
- You are only looking for temporary work.
- You would rather work at an office.
Application must include:
- Resume demonstrating your past work experience with PHP.
- Cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position and why this position is a good fit for you and your goals.
- Link to public git repo or attach sample code that is written by you and which you have permission to share.
- Interviews will be held via Zoom, followed by written programming tests. This is a 100% remote position on a 100% remote team. We welcome applicants from around the world.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org making sure to include the above 3 items. We look forward to hearing from you.
Source: Remotely Awesome Jobs, We Work Remotely
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99