Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
For businesses running dynamic and complex networks that exceed efficient human operational scale, Kentik® is the provider of the first network intelligence platform for visibility, performance and security platform specifically designed for network professionals. Kentik uniquely unifies diverse data streams across cloud and traditional infrastructure to produce instant insights that accelerate network team efficiency, automate issue resolution, and create new business capabilities.
Kentik is central to the global operations of many of the world’s largest network infrastructure operators including IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom. Based in San Francisco, Kentik is venture funded and backed by tier 1 venture capital firms such as First Round Capital, Data Collective, August Capital, Third Point Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
Kentik is seeking to expand its Insights staff. Part of our backend services, Insights is in charge of telling network owners and operators things they don’t already know about their network. Examples include automated DDoS defense, interface labeling by traffic observation and cost optimization.
Our platform ingests hundreds of billions of records and serves hundreds of thousands of queries for our users each day. You will gain experience building a production quality, high performance server-and-client SaaS application that handles uniquely high volumes of data.
We have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as a high level of independence and autonomy.
What to expect in this role:
- Working, most likely in Go, on new features, performance improvements and bug fixes
- Analyzing and modeling data, from time series like metrics to more structured things like network topology
- Interacting closely with product managers to help shape upcoming features
- Supporting customers as well as internal groups like sales and operations on questions and issues involving the services you work on
What we’re looking for:
- Prior experience designing, implementing and running data-intensive distributed systems
- 5+ year experience with C/C++, Go, Java, Python, Rust or similar
- Good communication: Kentik is a remote-first company, so we’re looking for a team player who is able to work and collaborate in an asynchronous environment via tools such as email, Google Docs, Slack, Zoom, and Git.
- Bonus points for prior experience on any of the following: networking (IP, BGP, MPLS, Flowspec), API design using grpc/protobuf, kafka, and data visualization
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
Kentik brings together talented, dedicated and fun individuals from all over the world. Innovation after innovation, we collaborate across teams to continue to set the industry high-bar for network intelligence. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Kentik values diversity and inclusion and strives to make an impact well beyond our networking community. We offer highly competitive salaries, first-rate perks and benefits, and the chance to work at one of today’s fastest-growing networking startups.
Source: Best Remote Job, Kentik
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99