Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Highrise is a mobile game and community that generates meaningful human connections on a massive scale. In Highrise, people can make avatars, design art and environments and meet new friends. We are building on the spirit of applications like Animal Crossing, The Sims, Minecraft, Habbo Hotel and Second Life.
Over 3 million people create avatars, chat and make friends in Highrise. We are a fully remote team of over 25 backed by YCombinator, Bessemer, Maveron and other leading investors.
About the Role
Are you passionate about games and have a keen eye for detail? Are you organized and would you like to be the first to check out new features and events in Highrise? Do you want to join a fast moving Y Combinator startup that has a proven business model and millions of users?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our growing team at Highrise!
We are looking for a QA Lead to collaborate with our team to ensure our players enjoy fun, engaging and bug-free experiences.
This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
As Mobile Game QA Lead you will…
- Be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches
- Execute manual test cases and analyze results
- Lead, organize, and grow our QA team
- Test releases on iOS and Android devices
- Verify fixes submitted by our engineering team
- Create and update internal documentation and guides
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Actively use JIRA and Slack to communicate with members of the engineering and product teams
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to…
- Have 2+ years of manual testing experienceHave experience in project management and QA methodology
- Be able to identify bugs and figure out how to reproduce them
- Be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Have an analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in English at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Work with our current QA engineers to identify and document bugs in existing and new Highrise features
- Directly interface with our users to identify and source bugs
- Work with our community team to identify and source bugs and issues
- Work with our development team to fix and reproduce issues
- Be responsible for the quality of Highrise releases
Within 6 months you’ll…
- Create new testing methodologies and processes to improve the quality of Highrise
- Manage other QA engineers
- Work closely with management to create a roadmap for improving QA
- Interface more closely with other areas of the company, like Product Design and Game Design
Source: Best Remote Job