Designlab is looking for a junior curriculum writer to help us with our rapidly-growing online education platform.
We’re a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our culture and philosophy about work. Thanks to the quality of our product—rated best in class by reviewers at SwitchUp & Course Report—we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni.
As we continue to develop our courses, we’re looking to bring on a junior curriculum writer who can produce high-quality curriculum content that’s true to the Designlab brand. We expect a good candidate to have a background in education or design, but we’re open to any candidate with evidence of effective content creation.
- Work with our Curriculum Lead to execute curriculum creation
- Contribute to curriculum & course ideation and planning
- Conduct in-depth research on UX/UI/product design topics as briefed
- Synthesize this research to produce engaging, in-depth lesson content following instructional design best practices and Designlab’s curriculum voice/style guide
- Responsibly source images for use in content
- Help maintain bug-free, and up-to-date live curriculum
- Create additional supporting content for curriculum (e.g. scripts for audio/video, onboarding guide content, quizzes, briefs for PDF downloadables, and more)
Skills and abilities:
- You have excellent written & communication skills
- You can observe a voice/style guide and write concisely
- You can research unfamiliar topics and distill the key points
- You understand basic principles of successful online education and materials
Qualifications and experience:
- You have a proven track record of effective content creation
- You have existing background knowledge of digital product design (or would be interested in immersing yourself)
Character and personal qualities:
- You enjoy collaborative work
- You adopt a positive attitude towards feedback on your work
- You are able to work independently, with a large degree of autonomy within a remote work environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience in HTML & CSS
- Knowledge of instructional design principles
- Video or audio editing skills
- Previous experience of our product and community
- Competitive salary
- Work from home (we’re a fully distributed team with members in NYC, Lisbon, and more)
- Remote working allowance
- Flexible hours (you set your own schedule)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Occasional in-person team retreats (public health guidelines permitting)
- Work on an awesome product that’s innovating in the online education space and teaching people modern design skills all over the globe
How to apply
Click the button below to apply for this role via our Typeform by 18:00 ET on Monday June 8th
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application by the end of Friday June 12th.
Source: We Work Remotely, Designlab