Company: Farmgirl Flowers
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
We’re looking for people with positive attitudes, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to hustle in a fast-paced work environment! We love what we do and we’re looking for people who are as excited about our mission as we are. Prior floral experience isn’t required. What we DO require is a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and the ability to hustle.
Not to scare you, but we want to be completely transparent with our expectations – most jobs at Farmgirl are not strictly desk jobs. We all hustle hard – often on our feet – for a significant portion of each day. And we have a lot of fun while we do it. We all help out in other areas as needed, so the ability to flex is extremely important. But, did I mention that we have fun too? Because we do!
Unlike many companies, advanced education is not a requirement at Farmgirl. We believe that the best individuals come with varied backgrounds and experiences, and value work ethic, problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity, and a positive attitude more than a specific degree.
Farmgirl Flowers is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Farmgirl Flowers is building a remote first engineering team to scale our ability to serve more customers as we experience a period of rapid growth. If you would love to help solve logistical challenges involving shipping perishable flowers and thrive in a fast-paced environment with zero red tape, this job could be for you!
- Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL), querying, and query optimization
- Rotating on-call duties (there is no separate DevOps team)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
- At least 6 hrs of overlap with 9-5 PST
- Experience with Ecommerce
- Experience with Heroku, AWS
- Experience building microservices
- Experience working at growth stage startups
- Experience with MySQL stored procedures, functions, triggers, views
You’ll love working at Farmgirl because…
- We are a successful, profitable, well capitalized, fast-growing company
- We create products that bring joy to hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of people’s lives each day
- We lead the industry for product quality and customer service
- We get to build an amazing company and team built on respect and empowering and supporting one another
- We’re scrappy and get to see the fruits of our labor in real time each and every day
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- As a 100% e-commerce business, we are technologically focused and data-driven
- We get to be creative every day and build a great company, without red tape or bureaucracy
- We have an amazing team and company culture that you’ll love being a part of
- We have an impressively smart and dedicated CEO and management team who are focused on developing all team members in the organization
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
Our goal is to be a company that we would want to buy from, sell to, and work for. For us, this means doing the right thing even when it is the difficult thing. We live these ideals by providing jobs that pay above the minimum wage with good benefits and 401Ks. We also do this by occasionally taking a stand on what some may consider controversial issues that we feel are important to us both as a business and as people.
When we take these stands, we do so under the Farmgirl Flowers brand. As an employee, we understand these views may be associated with you simply by your employment with us. Please understand that when we make public any beliefs we do not expect nor mandate our employees (or potential employees) to ascribe to these beliefs as well. For the sake of transparency, we believe it is important you understand what Farmgirl Flowers stands for as you consider joining our team.
Physical Demands and Warehouse Environment
Farmgirl Flowers is located in a big, drafty warehouse in Potrero Hill. We function similarly to a manufacturing facility. The warehouse is raw, open space that can be cold and dirty (especially on busy days). Our workspace is pretty much the opposite of most SF startup environments you might be accustomed to. If a posh work space is a priority this might not be ideal for you. Appropriate attire will be expected for this environment.
Source: We Work Remotely, Farmgirl Flowers