Headquarters: Fargo, North Dakota, United States
We’re looking for an autonomous, highly entrepreneurial Growth Lead who has deep experience marketing to the software developer community. Someone excited to drive the vision and strategy for building relationships with, and creating a great experience for, our core audience — which is software engineers and systems architects, who build large Java- or Python-based systems and need a place to store their libraries and binaries.
This role is perfect for someone who’s 1) excited to take a proven, sustainable product, and own the buildout of its growth programs from the ground up, and 2) who’s motivated by the potential for a revenue-share compensation model (meaning the sky’s the limit on how much recurring income you generate over time, as we acquire & retain more and more customers together). If this is you, we want to hear from you!
Experts on Maven
Hey there. This is Chris, the founder of CloudRepo. 👋 As a software developer myself, I know firsthand the pain of having to operate my own Maven Repositories. Rather than devoting my time to developing products, I used to spend hours maintaining, upgrading, and operating my own installations of other tools.
While these tools did their jobs, I knew there had to be a better way. Why not build a 100% cloud-based artifact repository? Not only would it bring value to my own engineering team, but it would enable other engineering teams to devote more of their time to doing what’s important: building their core businesses.
CloudRepo is a sustainable product with happy customers, but growing it to the next level is no easy task — and I need help from someone with a proven track record in driving high volumes of signups to developer tools.
Stats we’re proud of
20M+ requests: CloudRepo has reliably handled over 20 million requests and counting. Our customers store their artifacts with confidence.
Trailing 12+ Month, 100% Uptime: For more than the past 12 months, we’ve maintained 100% uptime for our customers. We’re transparent about our uptime and publish any partner impacting events to our Status Page.
About the role
Time commitment, location & compensation
This is a part-time, contract position that will start off as an hourly arrangement, but would ideally transition to a monthly retainer once we better understand (together) your actual weekly/monthly time requirement.
We’re proud to be a lean team — and for you, this means:
Zero red tape in your way. If you can build it, you can do it.
👉 The potential for a revenue-share compensation model, meaning the sky’s the limit on how much passive income you generate over time, as we acquire & retain more and more customers together. 👈
This is also a remote position, so you’re free to work from anywhere in the world. Chris (the founder) is based in Fargo, ND, and prefers to hold meetings, check-ins, etc. either before 10am or after 7pm Central US.
As Growth Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact everything about CloudRepo’s go-to-market strategy, from strategy development to implementation. This role is perfect for someone who’s excited to take a sustainable product, and own the buildout of its growth programs from the ground up.
The primary KPIs for this role are 1) trial signups, and 2) trial-to-paid conversion rate.
Here are the “must-haves” to be successful in this role:
- Proven track record of driving growth of developer-focused tools or SaaS products
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excitement at the prospect of increasing your earnings over time, based on customers acquired & retained
- Extreme level of autonomy
- Ability to meet for check-ins outside the hours of 10am-7pm Central US
- Confidence interfacing with users directly, if they have questions or need support during their trial experience or as new customers
- Proven experience with static web publishing platforms (Jekyll, Sphinx, Casper/Ghost, Webflow, etc)
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication (especially written)
- Ability to understand technical concepts, and create content explaining them
Here are a few other hints that you might be the person we’re looking for. These are not required, but bonus points if you match up with some of them:
- You can show proven success that you’ve built an existing audience of our target market of software engineers and systems architects, who build large Java- or Python-based systems and need a place to store their libraries and binaries.
- You’re seen as an authoritative source by folks in our target market
- You’ve previously written a series of blog posts/publications targeting a segment of the software developer community, and can share links to your work
- You can provide references or testimonials from similar companies showing a successful track record
- You have deep knowledge of technical SEO strategy, and can implement SEO best practices
- You have experience using Data Analytics Platforms (Segment, Mixpanel, etc) to understand customer behavior, and to make decisions about where the customer experience is lacking or needs to be improved
- You have experience using tools that help scale a great customer experience (some of the tools in our stack include Intercom, Zapier, Braintree)
- You have a professional software engineering background (Java, Python, etc).
- You’ve previously worked with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
This is an incredible role for the right person. Can’t wait to meet you!
Source: We Work Remotely, CloudRepo
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99